|The Community Hall/Opera House in Johnstown|
The Village of Johnstown is part of a four thousand acre tract of land deeded to John Brown by President Adams for his services in the American Revolution. Brown sold the property in 1810 for $2.50 per acre to Dr. Oliver Bigelow. Dr. Bigelow laid out and incorporated the village of Johnstown, donating the streets, alleys and the town square. In 1926 a nearly complete skeleton of a mastodon was found by a farmer named James Bailey, and subsequently sold to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)