Location: Orange, North Carolina, United States [uncertain]
Surnames/tags: Bennehan Slavery
Jones Plantation was owned by Thomas D. Bennehan. It was most likely located in Orange Co, NC. It is unknown when the Jones plantation originated and is only seen in Thomas Bennehan's probate inventory papers. Jones Plantation was most likely sold just after Thomas Bennehan died as it is not listed in any further Cameron Family Papers.
1847 The enslaved listed in Thomas D. Bennehan's probate inventory.
- Phill Larrs age 40, miner
- Molly age 50
- Phib age 26
- Wesley age 7
- Lucy age 6
- Emeline age 5
- Lucinda age 3
- Cinthia age 2, she probably died as her name and age was crossed out
- Orian age 1
Please see the Bennehan-Cameron Plantations Page for more information.
- one miner is noted here. If there was a mine nearby, this map could narrow down this plantation’s location- https://thediggings.com/usa/north-carolina/orange-nc135
- ↑ Cameron Family Papers https://finding-aids.lib.unc.edu/00133 Subseries 2.6. Estate Papers, 1804-1942, Folders 2153-2156 Southern Historical Collection, Louis Round Wilson Special Collections Library, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- ↑ Cameron Family Papers https://finding-aids.lib.unc.edu/00133
- 1847 probate inventory Folder 2154 image 21 Southern Historical Collection, Louis Round Wilson Special Collections Library, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.