St. Maria Magdalena
Original church built before 1644.
Razed in 1862 and rebuilt, consecrated in 1864 because the parish needed a larger church.
The foundation stone of the Catholic church in Bruchmühlbach was laid on the square on 28 October 1862, on which stood the old church, which was found to be too small. About this the camp-book of 1844 says that the time of the edification is unknown, but falls to more than 200 years. The new building was completed in 1864 and consecrated by Bishop Nikolaus von Weis in September of the same year. The plans were made by the royal district architects Hagemann and Tanera. The building was executed by the entrepreneur Philipp Ringeisen. The cash expenditures amounted to 17,000 florins. It is a red-roman building built of red sandstone with attached pointed tower, four window axes and five-sided apse. The church has been renovated several times over the years. In the years 1968-70, a larger measure took place in which the church was rebuilt and expanded according to plans by architect Erhard Leidner. The extension, which runs across the church and contains a parish hall in the basement, was built in concrete. Source: Churches of the Landkreis Kaiserslautern, volume 2
diocese website's page for local locations mass schedule:
2014 book on church: Kleine Geschichte der katholischen Kirche von Bruchmühlbach by Marco Haag (in German)
Kath. Church community Bruchmühlbach (Parishionership of the Parishion, "Holy Name of Jesus") Luitpoldstr. 10, 66849 Country house Tel. 06371/23 28, Fax: 06371/18303 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Rev. Andreas König and Rev. Jörg Stengel (also for Catholic church community of Vogelbach)
Ms Anja Zwick City Hall Tel .: 06372 922-0106 Fax: 06372 922-2106 E-mail: email@example.com