About the Project
The Kiedaisch Name Study project serves as a collaborative platform to collect information on the Kiedaisch name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join the study to help make it a valuable reference point for other genealogists who are researching or have an interest in the Kiedaisch name.
As a One Name Study, this project is not limited to persons who are related biologically. Individual studies can be used to branch out the research into specific methods and areas of interest, such as geographically (United States Kiedaisch's), by time period (16th Century Kiedaisch's), or by topic (Kiedaisch DNA, Kiedaisch Occupations, Kiedaisch Statistics). These studies may also include a number of family branches which have no immediate link with each other. Some researchers may even be motivated to go beyond the profile identification and research stage to compile fully sourced, single-family histories of some of the families they discover through this name study project.
Also see the related surnames and surname variants.
How to Join
To join the Kiedaisch Name Study, first start out by browsing our current research pages to see if there is a specific study ongoing that fits your interests. If so, feel free to add your name to the Membership list below, post an introduction comment on the specific team page, and then dive right in!
If a research page does not yet exist for your particular area of interest, please contact the Name Study Coordinator: Friedemann Kiedaisch for assistance.
Once you are ready to go, you can also show your project affiliation with the ONS Member Sticker:
Here are some of the current research pages included in the study. I'll be working on them, and could use your help!
- Friedemann Kiedaisch (Coordinator)
- Work cooperatively together with other Kiedaisch profile managers to create the best Kiedaisch branch possible.
- Search out original rather than derivative documentation and add sources to Kiedaisch profiles.
- Write comprehensive, well-sourced biographies for Kiedaisch profiles.
- Check for duplicates and request merges.
- If you are a male with the Kiedaisch surname or a variant and haven't already, please consider testing your yDNA (There is currently no Kiedaisch surname group at FTDNA. It would be great to start one)
- Help to get the following lists empty:
Related Surnames and Surname Variants
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Friedemann Kiedaisch. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)