Surnames/tags: Kilconnell Galway Connacht
|Main Galway Page
|Category for Kilconnell Parish
|Civil Parishes in County Galway
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Galway team
Kilconnell Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: Cill Chonaill.
- Logainm Link: Kilconnell Parish on Logainm.ie
- Barony: Kilconnell
- Province: Connacht
Population Centres of Kilconnell Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Galway
The Townlands of Kilconnell Civil Parish
- The townlands in Kilconnell Parish (Cill Chonaill) are those taken from Kilconnell Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses. A link is provided in the notes for the 1901 and 1911 census. Please note that these may not always work if the townland was not available on the census in question. The census site may also substitute a similar name so be prepared for unexpected results!
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively, if you feel condifent to do so, see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Abbeyfield An Mhainistir 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballinderry Baile an Doire 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballintober Baile an Tobair 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballyglass An Baile Glas 1901 Census, 1911 Census Barnavihall Bearna Mheathán 1901 Census, 1911 Census Callow An Caladh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Carrowmanagh An Cheathrú Mheánach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Carrowmore An Cheathrú Mhór 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cartrondoogan Ceathrú an Ghabhann 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cloonacalleen Cluain Caillín 1901 Census, 1911 Census Corraneena Corr an Aonaigh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Crummagh Cromach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ellagh Oileach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Glebe An Ghléib 1901 Census, 1911 Census Gortadeegan Gort an Deagánaigh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Hillswood Loch an Chléirigh Mór 1901 Census, 1911 Census Lecarrowmactully Leithcheathrú Mhic Mhaoltuile 1901 Census, 1911 Census Lisdonnellroe Lios Dónaill Rua 1901 Census, 1911 Census Lissard Lios Ard 1901 Census, 1911 Census Loughaclerybeg Loch an Chléirigh Beag 1901 Census, 1911 Census Loughaunbrean An Lochán Bréan 1901 Census, 1911 Census Monambraher Móin na mBráthar 1901 Census, 1911 Census Moneyveen Muine Mhín 1901 Census, 1911 Census Trust Trost 1901 Census, 1911 Census
- A list of external resources may be placed here
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links below which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For the full 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- The pre-formatted line for each townland and the fully formatted CIB header can be seen below this page when in edit mode. Please ensure you have read the 'How to' before doing anything. Briefly, the pre-formatted line in the hidden text is used to replace the line above. The CIB text is pasted into the category which is created by clicking on the red category link.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland
- General alphabetical index to townlands and towns, parishes and baronies of Ireland Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive