Surnames/tags: Kincoppal_Elizabeth_Bay australia
The goal of this project is to document the social history of the owners of the private residence, Kincoppal, Elizabeth Bay, before the property was bequeathed to the Sisters of the Sacred Heart, the same order which two of John Hughes' daughters had joined. Note, in 1885, the Sisters of the Sacred Heart were already established at Rose Bay.
Opening of the Convent School in 1885
Owners: John and Susan (nee Sharkey) Hughes
At Kincoppal from before 1871 to John's death in 1885.
Mrs Hughes is still residing there in 1902 when their daughter Lizzie is engaged to Michael O'Gorman Hughes.
Owner?: "Michael Ryan" - no further information.
This project is managed by Andrew Hunter.
- ↑ 1909 'WOMAN'S PAGE', Freeman's Journal (Sydney, NSW : 1850 - 1932), 14 January, p. 28. , viewed 11 Sep 2018, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article108176733
- ↑ 1885 'NEW SCHOOL AT ROSE BAY.', Freeman's Journal (Sydney, NSW : 1850 - 1932), 11 April, p. 15. , viewed 11 Sep 2018, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article115466066
- ↑ 1888 'OPENING OF THE CONVENT OF THE SACRED HEART.', The Daily Telegraph (Sydney, NSW : 1883 - 1930), 28 January, p. 6. , viewed 11 Sep 2018, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article239333923
- ↑ 1888 'OPENING of the SACRED HEART CONVENT.', The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954), 28 January, p. 16. , viewed 11 Sep 2018, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article13680578
- ↑ 1888 'CONVENT CEREMONY AT CLAREMONT.', Freeman's Journal (Sydney, NSW : 1850 - 1932), 4 February, p. 9. , viewed 11 Sep 2018, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article115462323
- ↑ 1902 'Family Notices', The Australasian (Melbourne, Vic. : 1864 - 1946), 20 September, p. 46. , viewed 11 Sep 2018, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article139131320
- ↑ 1896 'Family Notices', The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954), 29 February, p. 1. , viewed 11 Sep 2018, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article14039376
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)