Welcome to the Kings of Leixs Project
Please list what you are working on
- A leader for this Project is needed
- Robin Robinson
- Rich Devlin - working on annals sources
- John Cherry working on O'More profiles
- Eoin Cahill - I am from the area of Rory Oge and have a vested interest in the man and especially what life may have been like in an ancient Tullore.
- Fletcher Trice
Will you join us? Please post a comment here on this page or sign in above.
Has shown an interest in or knowledge of O'More
- Amy Gilpin
- John Cherry
- Fann Fann
- Rory Cain RFD JP
- Michelle Brooks
- Valerie Willis leader for Irish Kingdoms sub-project
== Goals and Tasks ==
The goal of this project is to create well documented/sourced profiles for all the Kings, Chiefs, and their descendants.
Here are some of the tasks that we think need to be done. We'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- Please add your Ideas
History of the Kingdom of Leix
Leix (Laois), was named after Laoighseach Cean More, son of Connall Cearnach of the Red Branch,
(Enter a short history of the Kingdom of Leix and location)
Book of Leinster - c.1160 The. (Passages will be found in Silva Gadelica, by S. H. O'Grady). Flann Mainistreach - A historical and religious account of the High Kings of Ireland between 1151 and 1224, was in the possession of the O'Mores of Laois for centuries and is now on show at Trinity College Dublin
Kings of Leix
- Kings of Leix
- other O'Mores
- d.1016 Gahan O’More, slain.
- d.1017 Cearnach O’More, slain.
- d.1026 Aimergin mac Kenny mac Cearnach O’More, slain.
- d.1041 Faelan mac Aimergin O’More, blinded; died in 1069.
- d.1042 Cucogry O’More
- d.1063 Lisagh mac Faelan O’More, slain
- d.1069 Macraith O’More, (?) slain.
- d.1091 Kenny O’More, slain.
- d.1097 Aimergin O’More, died.
- d.1098 The son of Gahan O’More, slain.
- d.1149 Lisagh mac Aimergin mac Faelan O’More, died.
- d.1153 Neill O’More, blinded.
- d.1158 Macraith O’More
- d.1183 Cucogry mac Lisagh O’More
- d.1196 Donnell O’More, slain. M1196.10
- 1196-c.1300 Unknown Kings
- 1319 Shane mac Donough O’More, slain.
- 1342 Lisagh O’More, slain.
- 1348 Connell O’More, slain.
- 1354 Rory mac Connell O’More, slain. M1354.3
- 1368 Lisagh mac David O’More,, died.
- 1370 Murtough O’More, slain.M1370.3
- 1394 Donnell O’More
- 1398 Melaghlin O’More, died.
- 1398 The son of Maurice Boy O'More, Lord of Slieve-Margy died M1398.19
- d.1405 Gillpatrick O’More son of Fachtna O'More
- 1452 David O'More, son of the Lord of Leix, was killed by a fall.M1452.12
- d.1455 Owny O'More son of Gillpatrick O’More
- 1464 Kedagh O’More, died. M1464.4
- 1467 Donnell O’More, died. son of Owny O'More
- 1468 O'More and Mac Gillapatrick died of the plague.M1468.9
- b.1465 Owny O'More son of Donnell O’More
- 1477 ? son of Owny O’More, slain.M1477.10
- 1493 Connell mac David O’More, slain. M1493.5
- 1493 Garrett, the son of Thomas O'More kills Connell M1493.5
- 1493-? Neill mac Donnell O’More inaugurated lord of Leix. M1493.5
- d.1502 Melaghlin O’More son of Owny O'More
- 1523 Kedagh mac Lisagh (Laoighseach) O’More, died. M1523.3
- 1537 Connell O’More son of Melaghlin O’More, died.
- 1538 Peirce mac Melaghlin mac Owny O’More, lord of Leix, (?) died.
- 1542 Kedagh roe mac Connell mac Melaghlin O’More, died.
- 1545 Rory coach O’More, slain. son of Connell O’More
- 1548 Gillpatrick mac Connell mac Melaghlin O’More, died.M1546.4, M1546.5, M1547.4, M1547.6, M1547.13, M1547.15, M1548.3, M1548.18
- 1557 Connell og mac Connell mac Melaghlin O’More, hanged. - M1554.2, M1556.2, M1556.5, M1557.6
- Donnell, son of Laoighseach O'More, King of Sliabh Mairge, hanged M1557.9
- d.1578 Rory oge O’More, slain son of Rory coach O’More.
- 1579 Connell Boy, the son of Gilla-Patrick, son of Pierce O'More, was slain M1579.16
- 1584 (circa).James mac Kedagh O’More, alias Meaghe, died.
- d.1589 Murtagh Oge O'More son of Murtagh O'More
- d.1598 Brian Riabhach O'More - No family - No Profile Manager
- 1600 Owny mac Rory og mac Rory coach O’More, slain. M1596.14, M1598.20, M1598.29, M1598.30, M1598.33
- 1600 Owny mac Shane O’More, appointed lord of Leix.”
- d.1618 Callogh O'More son of Rory coach O’More
- d.1655 Rory O'More (abt. 1600 - 1655) son of Callogh O'More
- Space Historical_Sources_of_Ireland
- Clan O'More web site
- Search CELT for O'More
- Irish Family History, Volume 1 By Richard Francis Cronnelly
- The Chiefs of Leix from 1016 to 1600 A.D
- Wikipedia - Loígis
- Wikipedia - Rory O'More ?-1578
- Wikipedia - Rory O'Moore c,1600-1655
- ABBEY LEIX MANSION (O'MORE COLLEGE OF DESIGN)
- THE BRENNAN FAMILY HISTORY WEBSITE - History of Laois / Leix
- Lord Walter Fitzgerald “Historical Notes on the O’Mores and their Territory of Leix” in “Journal of the Kildare Archaeological Society” (1909) Vol 6 pp:1-88
- Pedigree of Melaghlin O’More from “Book Of Leinster” reported by Rev William Carrigan in “Journal of the Association for the Preservation of the Memorials of the Dead in Ireland” 1903 vol v p. 413
- Pedigree of the O'Moores Lords of Leix in John O'Harts's Irish Pedigrees 1915 vol 1 p 323-5
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Richard Devlin and Ireland Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)