Kintore (Scottish Gaelic: Ceann Tòrr)
Kintore is the tenth largest town in Aberdeenshire, with a population of 4,476 in 2011.
It is a town and former Royal Burgh near Inverurie in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, now bypassed by the A96 road between Aberdeen and Inverness. It is situated on the banks of the River Don. Its Town House dates from 1747.
Established in the 9th Century as a royal burgh, Kintore had its royal charter renewed by King James IV in 1506, but the area has been a popular settlement since prehistoric times. Recent archaeological excavations show Neolithic finds dating to at least 5000 BC. Nearby are the remains of Hallforest Castle, former stronghold of the Earls of Kintore. []