Location: Ravenswood, Queensland, Australia
Surnames/tags: Ravenswood Queensland Australia
Profiles are placed in this category with this text [[Space:Kirk River Cemetery]] .
Kirk River Cemetery is situated approximately half way along the Mingela-Ravenswood road on the right hand side, when heading towards Ravenswood. The Kirk River mine settlement no longer exists as such, and the Cemetery rests in scrubland with no fence or gate.
- Update: The Kirk River Cemetery can be found just past the Kirk River Bridge on the right hand side, 20 kilometers from the Mingela turnoff. Access is gained through a cattle gate on the first rise past the river. It is then about 200 metres in from the road along the ridge on the left hand side and overlooks a downward view on the south side of the ridge. It is now enclosed by a cattle fence and a cattle gate. The enclosure is about 50 meters square full of waist high spear grass and one tree. There are several marked graves with steel framed enclosures, which no longer have headstones and three later graves at the lower back fence, down from the gate, with concrete surrounds and evidence of wooden cross markers. These are unreadable and eaten away with whiteants.
The original website with the list of Headstones no longer exists and several are now missing.
- Address 2136 Burdekin Falls Dam Rd, Ravenswood, Queensland. 4816, Australia.
Map Coordinates. 20°00'02.8"S 146°45'44.3"E
|Kirk River Cemetery, Ravenswood.
- HSD means information only from Headstone. Some other information is from outside sources.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)