Location: My Computer
This is a list of links to free Library e-books, records and research materials on the internet. Links go directly to the free resources ONLY.
These are the links I have found so far on WikiTree:
External Wiki Links
Special Codes Tools for Ascii & Language Variations Windows PC and MAC & Odds and Ends
- ASCII table , ascii codes : American Standard Code for Information Interchange. The complete table of ASCII characters, letters, codes, symbols and signs theasciicode.com.ar
- Determining Time between Two Events in One Step, (or Determining Birthdate from Deathdate and Age) Gregorian & Julian. by Stephen P. Morse, San Francisco stevemorse.org
- archive.org The Internet Archive WayBackMachine. Saves any webpage in its current state.
Search engines and databases:
- Census data:
- Free Online U.S. Census 1790-1940 (WikiTree Category Page)
- United States Rosters of Soldiers and Sailors, 1775-1783 Pensioners by state.
- Colonial and Revolutionary War databases:
- A National Register of the Society, Sons of the American Revolution by Sons of the American Revolution (SAR) Volume 1 and Volume 2
- Civil War Databases:
The "Roll of Honor", by Martha Reamy and William Reamy, is the only official memorial to the Union dead ever published. Its extensive lists of 228,639 Union soldier burials, in over 300 national cemeteries, spread out over 27 volumes, has daunted and intimidated generations of researchers, for no index to the work was ever published...until now. Note: Currently, this reference is only available, online, at ancestry.com (subscription required for access)
- African American family records from era of slavery (News Release)
- Genealogical Encyclopedias and Glossaries:
- Other Maps:
- New Jersey / NOVA CÆSAREA: A CARTOGRAPHIC RECORD OF THE GARDEN STATE, 1666-1888. Princeton University Library: http://library.princeton.edu/njmaps/backgr
- Using the records of the East and West Jersey Properties by: Joseph R Klett, New Jersey State Archives © 2014. state.nj.us pdf
- DIRECTORY OF COAL MINES IN ILLINOIS. Montgomery County This directory accompanies the Illinois Coal Mines map or maps for this County. January 2015. Prairie Research Institute. Illinois State Geological Survey, 615 East Peabody Drive, Champaign, Illinois 61820. (217) 333-4747
- Maps, Canada:
- Nova Scotia Archives., Historical Maps of Nova Scotia. novascotia.ca.
- Maps, Scotland:
- 1822 Map of the Highlands of Scotland denoting the districts or counties inhabited by the Highland Clans. Lizars, William Home, 1788-1859. Edinburgh : A. Constable & Co., 1822. National Library of Scotland. http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ maps.nls.uk
- Bartholomew Survey Atlas of Scotland, 1912. Historical Maps of Scotland. The Edinburgh Geographical Institute, 1912. Bartholomew, John G., 1860-1920. Plate 9 of J.G. Bartholomew's 'Survey Atlas of Scotland', 1912. National Library of Scotland. http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ maps.nls.uk
- Military Maps of Scotland (18th century). A description of the Highlands of Scotland, the situation of the several clans and the number of men able to bear arms, as also ye forts lately erected and roads of communication or military ways carried on by His Majesty's command ... / C. Lempriere. Lempriere, C. fl. ca. 1731. Acc.11104. Map Rol.a.42. National Library of Scotland. http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ maps.nls.uk
- Military Maps of Scotland (18th century). Map of Scotland showing the Forts at Inverness, Fort Augustus, Fort William and Moidart and on which is pencilled the proposed military roads, also the names and numbers of men that could be raised by the various clans. Wade, George (Engineer). Original Survey & Date on Map: ca. 1724-45?. Acc.10497 Wade.58a National Library of Scotland. http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/ maps.nls.uk
- Military Awards & Participants:
- United States Rosters of Soldiers and Sailors, 1775-1783 Pensioners by state.
- Search This Collection of Archives.org for terms, "Soldiers and Sailors" There are many books here covering different wars and locations.
- People Searches:
- US Ports of Arrival and their Available Passenger Lists 1820-1957-includes Canadian and Mexican Border Crossing Records
- The Statue of Liberty-Ellis Island Foundation, Inc.- Free Search-No subscription required-Ellis Island/Port of New York Records
- U.S. History:
- Pilgrim Ship Lists Early 1600's, Over 7100 families and 290 ships. Research and compilation by Anne Shurtleff Stevens of packrat-pro.com 2001.
- Chronicling America Web site; American newspapers published between 1836 and 1922, from the Library of Congress
Search engines for on-line books:
- Open Library Sign up for a free account. Books within copyright, so only one person at a time can check out a book.
- Genealogy Book Links (excellent online library of books by surname or location)
On-line books to word search and read:
- Geneology Book Links Geneology Book Links-Books by State, covering every topic imaginable, with separate alphabetized Family Biographies search tool
- American Marriage Records Before 1699 William Montgomery Clemens, ed.
- New England Marriages Prior To 1700 Clarence Almon Torrey, Elizabeth Petty Bentley
- Memorial biographies of the New England Historic Genealogical Society There are 9 separate volumes to use for research-all appear to deal with Massachusett families
- Complete Book of Emigrants: 1607-1660. Peter Wilson Coldham. Google Books.
- Topographical Dictionary of 2885 English Emigrants to New England 1620-1650 by Charles Edward Banks. babel.hathitrust.org
- New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial: A Record of the Achievements of Her People in the Making of Commonwealths and the Founding of a Nation. William Richard Cutter (1913). archive.org.
- Who's who in New England, A Biographical Dictionary of Leading Living Men and Women of the States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut, edited by Albert Nelson Marquis, (1915) Google Play
- The pioneers of Massachusetts, a descriptive list, drawn from records of the colonies, towns and churches and other contemporaneous Documents by Charles Henry Pope. Archive.org
- A Genealogical Dictionary of The First Settlers of New England, Before 1692 by James Savage. USgennet.org
- A Genealogical Cross Index of the Four Volumes. O.P. Dexter. archive.org
- Memorial Biographies Of The New-England Historic Genealogical Society Towne Memorial Fund. New-England Historic Genealogical Society, (1905). Google Books.
- American Ancestry (multi-volume)]. Thomas Patrick Hughes & Frank Munsell. archive.org
- Barbour Collection. Lucius Barnes Barbour
- Dictionary of American Biography. Francis Samuel Drake
- University Decennial Records (search a grad’s name)
- History of the National Republican League of the United States: With Portraits & Sketches of Representative Men of the Republican Party]. John F. Hogan (1898), ed. Google Books.
- New England Historical Register. New England Historical Genealogical Society. familysearch.org
- Memorial History of Hartford County, Connecticut, 1633-1884, Vol 1. James Hammond Trumbull. Google Books.
- Savage, James. 1784-1873. A genealogical dictionary of the first settlers of New England, showing three generations of those who came before May, 1692, on the basis of Farmer's Register."
On-line family history books to word search and read:
- Alberts The Internet Surname Database. surnamedb.com
- Avery, Fairchild & Park families of Massachusetts Connecticut & Rhode Island. Tuttle Antiquarian Books, Rutland, VT; 1919. archive.org.
- Groton Avery Clan, The. Avery, Elroy McKendree & Avery, Catherine Hitchcock (Tilden). Cleveland 1912
- Bailey: Records of the Bailey Family; Descendants of William Bailey of Newport, R.I.; Hannah C. Bailey Hopkins, 1895; The Internet Archive.
- Baldwin; The Baldwin Genealogy From 1500 To 1881; Charles Candee Baldwin; 1881; The Internet Archive
- Descendants of Deacon Samuel and Ann Bass. Charissa Taylor Bass, 1940. Hathitrust.org
- Beckwiths, The. Paul Edmond Beckwith, 1891. archive.org.
- The archives of the Briggs family. Sam Briggs, 1880 (England and New England lines)
- Brockway Family Some Records of Wolston Brockway and his Descendants,The. Francis Edwin Brockway, 1890.Google Books.
- Butler Family of William Henry Butler (1790-1865) Mayor of Oxford, January–October 1836. oxfordhistory.org.uk
- Chandler: The Chandler Family: The Descendants of William and Annis Chandler who Settled in Roxbury, Mass., 1637; George Chandler; 1883; The Internet Archive
- Genealogy of the Descendants of William Chesebrough. Anna Chesebrough Wildey, 1903. archive.org
- A history and genealogy of the Comstock family in America. Comstock, John A., 1883. Hathitrust.
- Cushing: The Genealogy of the Cushing Family; Lemuel Cushing; 1877; Google Books
- Dane: A Declaration of Remarkable Providences in the Course of My Life + Pedigree of the Dane Family; John Dane; 1854; Google Books
- Delano: The Genealogy, History and Alliances of the American House of Delano; Joel Andrew Delano; 1899; Library of Congress
- Delta Upsilon Decennial Catalogue, The. Delta Upsilon Fraternity. Google Books.
- Genealogy of the descendants of John Deming of Wethersfield, Connecticut. Dubuque, la: Press of Mathis-Mets co. (1904)
- Dodge Genealogy - Descendants of Tristram Dodge. Theron Royal Woodward, 1904. archive.org.
- Doty / Doten archive.org
- Duesler / Duessler / Dußler name Link, Online Book By: Charles Duesler http://www.duesler.com/html/charles_duelser_s_book.HTM
- Edmonston /Edmonstone The Family Edmonstone of Duntreath by: Sir Archibald Edmonstone 3rd. Bt.. Published 1875. Edited and with additions by Mary McGrigor, F.S.A. Scot. Published in 1996. WWW © Copyright. Designer: www.hartwooditconsulting.com Hosting: www.HITCHosting.net
- Edmonstone thesetonfamily.com
- Genealogy of the Elderkin family with intermarriages. Dyer White Elderkin, 1888. archive.org.
- Estes: The Snow-Estes Ancestry; Nora Snow; 1939; The Hathi Trust
- Evans: Evans Family in Kentucky
- Filson: The Filson Historical Society The Filson Newsmagazine
- Fisher & Woolley Genealogy Of The Fisher Family archive.org
- [jjflynn.freeservers.com freeservers.com] Flynn family North Wales:
- Foote family: or, The descendants of Nathaniel Foote, one of the first Settlers of Wethersfield, Connecticut]. Nathaniel Goodwin (1849). Google Books.
- Foote family: comprising the genealogy and history of Nathaniel Foote of Wethersfield, Connecticut, Vol 1]. Abram William Foote, (1907). Google Books.
- French: Genealogy of the Descendants of Thomas French; Howard Barclay French; 1909; Google Books
- Gardiner: The Gardiners of Narragansett; Caroline E. Rodman Robinson; 1919; Google Books
- Goode: rockystrickland.com
- Goodrich: 
- Goodwin: The Goodwins of Kittery, York County, Maine; John Samuel Goodwin; 1898; The Internet Archive
- Greenwood: Greenwood Genealogies, 1154-1914. By Frederick Greenwood of East Templeton, Massachusetts, U. S. A. The Lyons Genealogical Company, Publishers, New York. Book.
- Griswold Family of Connecticut," Magazine of American History, The. (February 1884)]. E. Elbridge Salisbury. archive.org.
- Higginson: http://archive.org/details/descendantsofrev00higg Descendants of the Reverend Francis Higginson]; Thomas Wentworth Higginson; 1910; The Internet Archive
- Hoar: The Hoar family in America and its English ancestry; George Frisbie Hoar; 1899; The Internet Archive
- One thousand years of Hubbard history, 866 to 1895]. Harlan Page Hubbard, 1895. archive.org
- The Huntington Family in America: a Genealogical Memoir by the Huntington Family Association (Hartford CT: 1915)
- The Huntington family in America - A supplement to the genealogical memoir published in 1915 by Huntington Family Association in Norwich, Connecticut
- Jameson: The Jamesons in America. 1647-1900; E. O. Jameson; 1901; The Internet Archive
- Kahl: "History of Barron County, Wisconsin Volume 1" , edited by Newton S. Gordon. " 
- Kendall: The Kendall Family in America; William Montgomery Clemens; 1919; The Internet Archive
- Kinsman: Genealogical Record of the Descendants of Robert Kinsman, of Ipswich, Mass.; Lucy W. Sticeney; 1876; Google Books
- The Leland Magazine, Or, a Genealogical Record of Henry Leland, and His Descendants by Sherman Leland, 1850
- A Memoir Biographical and Genealogical, of Sir John Leverett, Knt., Governor of Massachusetts by Charles Edward Leverett. Crosby, Nichols & Co. 1856
- Lord: A History of the Descendants of Nathan Lord of Ancient Kittery, Me.; C.C. Lord; 1912; The Internet Archive
- The Lundy family and their decendants of whatsoever surname by William Clinton Armstrong, 1902
- Mack genealogy : the descendants of John Mack of Lyme, Conn. with appendix containing genealogy of allied families, etc. by Martin, Sophia Smith, 1903
- Macomber: Macomber Genealogy; Everett S. Stackpole; 1907; The Internet Archive
- Mailliard: The Mailliards of California a family chronicle, 1868-1990; William Somers Mailliard; 1991; The Internet Archive
- Ancestors and descendants of David Paine and Abigail Shepard of Ludlow, Mass., 1463-1913 by Ohler, Clara May Paine, 1862
- Paine Family Records: A Journal of Genealogical and Biographical Information Respecting the American Families of Payne, Paine, Payn &c, Volume 2 editor H. D. Paine, NY 1883
- Our Perry Family in Maine, It's Ancestors and Descendants by Rev. Charles Nelson Sinnett; Publication: Lewiston, Maine: The Journal Printshop, 1911;
- Pierson: Pierson Genealogical Records; Lizzie E. Pierson; 1878; The Internet Archive
- Porter: A Porter Pedigree: Being an Account of the Ancestry and Descendants of Samuel and Martha (Perley) Porter of Chester, N.H., who Were Descendants of John Porter, of Salem, Mass., and of Allan Perley, of Ipswich, Mass; Julie Porter; 1907; The Internet Archive
- The Pratt family a genealogical record of Mathew Pratt, of Weymouth, Mass., and his American descendants, 1623-1889 by Francis G. Pratt, Jr., 1890
- Rathbone genealogy A complete history of the Rathbone family, dating from 1574 to date by John C. Cooley, 1898
- Genealogy of Thomas Ruggles of Roxbury, 1637, to Thomas Ruggles of Romfret Connecticut by Franklin Ladd Bailey, 1896
- Seidler / Zeidler / Zaidler 
- Shaw; Ancestors of Amyntas Shaw and his wife Lucy Tufts Williams; Richard Cecil Stone; 1920; Google Books
- Shinn: The History of The Shinn Family in Europe and America by Josiah Shinn
- Shotwell: Annals of our colonial ancestors; Robert Smith & CO, Michigan, 1897
- The Smith Family: Being a Popular Account of Most Branches of the Name--however Spelt-- from the Fourteenth Century Downwards, with Numerous Pedigrees by Compton Reade, 1904
- A New Edition of the Record of the Family of Roswell Smith. . . of Farmington, CT & Windsor, VT by Henry E. Perkins, 1921
- Snow: The Snow-Estes Ancestry; Nora Snow; 1939; The Hathi Trust
- Sprague: The Spragues of Malden (requires digital library card); George Walter Chamberlain; 1923; The Internet Archive
- Stokes: Genealogy of the Stokes Family; Richard Haines; 1903; The Internet Archive
- Stone: Genealogy of the Stone Family Originating in Rhode Island; Richard Cecil Stone; 1866; Google Books
- John Tarbox of Lynn and his Descendants for Five Generations by Rev. Increase N. Tarbox, 1888
- Memorial of the Thayer Name, From the Massachusetts Colony of Weymouth and Braintree, Embracing Geneological (sic) and Biographical Sketches of Richard & Thomas Thayer, and Their Descendants from 1636 to 1814 by Bezaleel Thayer, 1874
- Thurston: Thurston Genealogies; Brown Thurston; 1892; The Internet Archive
- Tilton: The ancestry of Phoebe Tilton, 1775-1847, wife of Capt. Abel Lunt of Newburyport, Massachusetts; Walter Goodwin Davis; 1947; The Hathi Trust
- The History of the Treman, Tremaine, Truman family in America by Ebenezar M. Trema, 1901
- The Vrooman Family in America - Descendants of Hendrick Meese Vrooman who came from Holland to America in 1664 by Grace Vrooman Wickersham & Ernest Bernard Comstock, 1949
- Geo: Weekes: genealogy of the family of George Weekes, of Dorchester, Mass., 1635-1650 with some information in regard to other families of the same name: especially, Thomas, of Huntington, L. I., and Nathaniel, of Falmouth and Hardwick, Massachusetts by Robert D. Weeks, 1885
- Westcott: History and Genealogy of the Ancestors and Some Descendants of Stukely Westcott (requires digital library card); Roscoe L. Whitman; 1932; The Internet Archive
- The genealogical and encyclopedic history of the Wheeler family in America by Albert Gallatin Wheeler, 1914
- Genealogy of Some of the Descendants of Obadiah Wheeler of Concord by Henry M. Wheeler
- The Wildbores in America, a family tree by John Reid Wilbor, 1907
- Willet, Willets, Willett, Willits genealogy, a compilation of all the branches in England and America by Bookstäver, Jacob Edgar, 1906
- Williams: Ancestors of Amyntas Shaw and his wife Lucy Tufts Williams; Richard Cecil Stone; 1920; Google Books
- The Willson family, 1672-1959. by Willson, Richard Eugene
On-line Free Genealogy Courses & Other significant Videos, Tools:
- email@example.com How DNA can help your Family Tree Research By: Maurice Gleeson Administrator Spearin Surname Project
- How DNA can help your Family Tree research By: Maurice Gleeson Administrator Spearin Surname Project. firstname.lastname@example.org . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvMsT0O8kJ8
- Tools: Charts & Forms ancestry.com
Resources by Country
- Founders & Survivors. Australian Life Courses In Historical Context 1803-1920. foundersandsurvivors.org
Britain & UK
- GENUKI provides a virtual reference library of genealogical information of particular relevance to the UK and Ireland.
- Dictionary of National Biography, London, 1885-1900 by Stephen, Lesile, Sir. 1832-1904 published 1865
- Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain
- UK Naming Conventions and other articles at FamilyHistoryAlive.com
- A genealogical and heraldic history of the extinct and dormant baronetcies by John Burke, John Bernard Burke
- Shaw, William A. (1906). The Knights of England
- Willis, Browne (1750). Wikipedia: Template:Cite Notitia Parliamentaria. Notitia Parliamentaria, Part II: A Series or Lists of the Representatives in the several Parliaments held from the Reformation 1541, to the Restoration 1660 ... London.
- Wikipedia: Links to Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Multi-volume.
- The Particular Description of England 1588 by William Smith, Rouge Dragon
- Dictionary of National Biography (England) by Sir Sidney Lee
- Dictionary of National Biography (England) By Leslie Stephen, George Smith, Sidney Lee
- Athenae Oxonienses: an exact history of all the writers and bishops who have had their education in the University of Oxford : to which are added the Fasti, or Annals of the said University (1813)
- Cambridge University searchable database of biographies of former students. Also contains info on Oxford and Trinity Dublin former students
- Free BMD Free Internet Access to registration index of births, marriages and deaths for England and Wales by The Trustees of Free UK Genealogy, a charity registered in England and Wales, Number 1096940
- Visitation of Cheshire 1580 Edited by John Paul Rylands, 1882
- A Scrapbook of Cheshire, England by Craig Thornber
- The history of Cheshire: containing King's Vale-Royal Entire by Daniel King, William Smith, William Webb
- The history of the county palatine and city of Chester, England, Vol 1 By George Ormerod (1819)
- History of the County Palatine and City of Chester, England, Vol II By George Ormerod (1819)
- History of the County Palatine and City of Chester, England, Vol III By George Ormerod (1819)
- The Visitation of the County of Devon comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564 & 1620, Exeter, 1895
- Pedigrees recorded at the visitations of the county palatine of Durham made by William Flower, Norroy king-of-arms printed by Joseph Foster, 1887
- Various books of English church and probate records by Phillimore, William Phillimore Watts, 1853-1913, ed. This astounding collection of limited production books includes records from Berks, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Chiswick, Cornwall, Cumberland, Derbyshire, Devonshire, Dorset, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Huntingdonshire, London, Leichestershire, Middlesex, Norfolk, Northampton, Nottingham, Shropshire, Somerset, Warwickshire, Wiltshire, Worchester and others
- Some Notes On Medieval English Genealogy Excellent lists of pre-1600 sources such as Older County Histories: Northumberland
- Maps of Yorkshire/big/eng/YKS/Misc/Maps/ParishMaps.html Parish Maps of Yorkshire Parish Maps of Yorkshire
- Historical and genealogical record of the first settlers of Colchester by Thomas Miller (1873)
- The Canadian biographical dictionary and portrait gallery of eminent and self-made men: Ontario volume by American Biographical Pub. Co., Toronto; Chicago, 1880
- The Canadian biographical dictionary and portrait gallery of eminent and self-made men: Quebec & Maritime Provinces volume by , 1881
- Royal BC Museum BC Archives (vital statistics for British Columbia). Genealogy - General Search royalbcmuseum.bc.ca
- Automated Genealogy - Free transcriptions of some Canadian censuses
- Library and Archives Canada - Searchable Canadian censuses
- Les Canadiens-Français : origine des familles émigrées de France, dEspagne, de Suisse, etc., pour venir se fixer au Canada, deupis la fondation de Québec jusqua ces derniers temps et signification de leurs noms (1914). English Translation = French Canadians: origin of immigrant families from France, Spain, Switzerland, etc., to be fixed in Canada deupis the founding of Quebec jusqua lately and meaning of their names (1914)
- Library and Archives Canada. World War I Files, Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF). www.bac-lac.gc.ca
- Official History of the Canadian Army in the First World War CANADIAN EXPEDITIONARY FORCE 1914-1919. By COLONEL G. W. L. NICHOLSON, C.D. http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/
- Herbert Clarence Burleigh Fonds Collection for over 1,000 families with roots in the Kingston area, Ontario, Canada. Queen's University Archives.
- Digital State Regional Archives Trebon and State District Archives of South Bohemia. digi.ceskearchivy.cz
- Digital State Regional Archives Trebon and State District Archives of South Bohemia (Czech Republic)
- KinQuest Kinquest.com German Research at Libraries and Archives in Baden-Wuerttemberg.
- www.loc.gov German Immigrant Arrivals: Resources in the Library of Congress. Compiled and Annotated by: Barbara B. Walsh. PDF.
- Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg deutsche-digitale-bibliothek.de (Note: Free online digital images of Baden-Württemberg Church Books , English translation = click top right word where it says "Deutsch".)
Italy and Sicily
- The Portale Antenati (Ancestors Portal) - promoted and sponsored by the Direzione Generale per gli Archivi (Italian National Archives) antenati.san.beniculturali.it
- Norway Digital National Library with bygdeboks for many areas
- Digitalarckivet Digital Archives for Norway’s census, parish records , probate etc.
- over 2000 images of tombe stones from Warmia and its neighboring districts in Poland - formerly Ermland, Provinz East-Prussia of Germany
- Old Scottish Genealogy and Family History - free links to 400 books from National Library of Scotland - Scottish Families. Also search (pay) links to Kirk Sessions and parish records - some free info included.
- A genealogical survey of the peerage in Britain as well as the royal families of Europe. thepeerage.com
- Medieval source material on the internet: Modern works: Peerages and other compilations (These web pages are designed to provide some useful resources, mainly for those tracing medieval English genealogy. The dates covered extend up to about 1600. Some Welsh (and a little Scottish and Irish) material is also included); compiled by Chris Phillips (not a professional genealogist or historian)
- Arkiv Digital, Släktforskning i färg på nätet arkivdigital.se
- See also Parishes categories in Sweden link they contain local info
Arkansas, United States
Connecticut, United States
- Connecticut History
- (Listing of all towns-Click on town to find history resources for that particular town)
- Genealogical and family history of the state of Connecticut; a record of the achievements of her people in the making of a commonwealth and the founding of a nation by William Cutter, et. al., 1911
- William Richard Cutter, Edward Henry Clement, Samuel Hart, Mary Kingsbury Talcott, Frederick Bostwick, Ezra S. Stearns, eds.. Genealogical and family history of the state of Connecticut. Vol. 2. New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Co., 1911. Google Books Click [[[Space:Citation_Format_for_Online_Books#Cutter2|HERE]]] to get the citation format for this book.
- William Richard Cutter, ed.. Genealogical and family history of the state of Connecticut. Vol. 4. New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Co., 1911. Open Library Click [[[Space:Citation_Format_for_Online_Books#Cutter4|HERE]]] to get the citation format for this book.
- R. R. Hinman. A Catalogue of the Names of the Early Puritan Settlers Of The Colony Of Connecticut: With The Time Of Their Arrival In The Country and Colony: their standing in society, place of residence, condition in life, where from, business, &c., as far as is found on record collected from records.. Hartford, Conn.: Case, Tiffany and Company, 1852. Internet Archive Click [[[Space:Citation_Format_for_Online_Books#Hinman|HERE]]] to get the citation format for this book.
- Durham, Middlesex County, Connecticut Births, 1742-1843, Extracted from History of Durham, CT by William C. Fowler
- Donald Lines Jacobus. History and Genealogy of the Families of Old Fairfield. Vol. 1. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1930 Fairfield, CT; Reprint 2007. Google Books Click [[[Space:Citation_Format_for_Online_Books#Fairfield|HERE]]] to get the citation format for this book.
- Families of Early Hartford, Connecticut by Lucius Barnes Barbour (1977)
- A catalogue of the names of the first Puritan settlers of the colony of Connecticut by Royal Ralph Hinman, 1846
- Talcott, M. K. List of Burials, or "Sexton's List", of the Center Church Burying Ground, Hartford. Hartford, Conn.: Connecticut Quarterly, 1898-1899 compiled by Karen O'Maxfield
- Charles William Manwaring. A Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records: Hartford District, 1635-1700. Vol. I. Hartford, CT: R.S. Peck & Co., Printers, 1904. Internet Archive Click [[[Space:Citation_Format_for_Online_Books#HartfordCourt2|HERE]]] to get the citation format for this book.
- Charles William Manwaring. A Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records: Hartford District, 1700-1729. Vol. II. Hartford, CT: R.S. Peck & Co., Printers, 1904. Google Books Click HERE to get the citation format for this book. (I like this version A digest of the early Connecticut probate records. Vol II)
- Charles William Manwaring. A Digest of the Early Connecticut Probate Records: Hartford District, 1729-1750. Vol. III. Hartford, CT: R.S. Peck & Co., Printers, 1906. Internet Archive Click HERE to get the citation format for this book.
- Families of Early Milford, Connecticut by Susan Emma Woodruff Abbott
- Memorial. Genealogy & Ecclesiastical History of First Church, New Britain, Connecticut by Alfred Andrews (1867) Click here ] to get the citation format for this book.
- Families of Ancient New Haven, Connecticut, Vol I by Donald Lines Jacobus Click here [] to get the citation format for this book.
- Historical Catalogue of the Members of the First Church of Christ in New Haven, Connecticut, Parts 1639-1914 by Franklin Bowditch Dexter, 1914. Click here [] to get the citation format for this book.
- History of New London, Connecticut: From the First Survey of the Coast in 1612 to 1852 by Frances Manwaring Caulkins, 1852 Click here [] to get the citation format for this book.
- A Modern History of New London County, Connecticut by Benjamin Tinkham Marshall, 1922; several volumes
- Ecclesiastical and Other Sketches of Southington, Connecticut By Heman Rowlee Timlow, 1875 Click here [] to get the citation format for this book.
- History of the town of Stonington, New London, Connecticut by Richard Anson Wheeler Click here [] to get the citation format for this book.
- Commemorative Biographical Record of Tolland and Windham counties, Connecticut by J. H. Beers & Co. (1903) Click here [] to get the citation format for this book.
- Wethersfield Inscriptions by Edward Sweetser Tillotson (1899) Click here [] to get the citation format for this book.
- The History of Ancient Wethersfield, Connecticut, Vol I, pt 1 by Sherman W. Adams and Henry R. Stiles
- The History of Ancient Wethersfield, Connecticut, Vol I, pt 2 by Sherman W. Adams and Henry R. Stiles Click here [] to get the citation format for this book.
- Families of Ancient Wethersfield, Connecticut by Henry Reed Stiles
- Annals and Family Records of Winchester, Connecticut by John Boyd (1871) Click here [] to get the citation format for this book.
- History and Genealogies of Ancient Windsor, Connecticut by Henry R. Stiles Click here [] to get the citation format for this book.
Georgia United States
Hawaii, United States
- Waihona 'Aina Hawaiian resource for Hawaiian history and Land use Mahele Database, Boundary Commission, Land Grants, and Royal Patents
- Ulukau Electronic Library The Hawaiian Electronic Library
- Hawaiian Roots Geneology for Hawaiians
- USGenWeb Archives Hawaii USGenWeb Archives
- Ancestor Hunt Hawaii Geneology Links
- Gen Web Marriage Records Hawaii Marriage Records
- University of Hawaii Library Special Collections "Kue: The Hui Aloha Aina Anti-Annexation Petitions, 1897-1898", compiled by Nalani Minton and Noenoe K.Silva. (UHM Library KZ245.H3 M56 1998)
- Hawaii Genealogy An extensive directory of Hawaii genealogy records by Hawaii-genealogy.com, Copyright 2011-2014,
Illinois, United States
- The United States biographical dictionary and portrait gallery of eminent and self-made men. Illinois volume.. Chicago: American Biographical Publishing, 1883. Archive.org
Indiana, United States
- A biographical history of eminent and self-made men of the state of Indiana. Vol. 1. Cincinnati, OH: Western Biographical Publishing, 1880. Archive.org
- De La Hunt, Thomas James. Perry County: a history. Indianapolis: W. K. Stewart, 1916. Archive.org
- History of De Kalb County Indiana. Chicago: Inter-State Publishing, 1885. Google Books
Iowa, United States
- American biographical history of eminent and self-made men, Iowa volume. Chicago: Western Biographical Publishing, 1878. Openlibrary.org
- The history of Henry County, Iowa, containing a history of its cities, towns, &c.. Chicago: Western Historical, 1879. Google Books
- Portrait and biographical album of Henry County, Iowas. Chicago: Acme Publishing, 1888. Openlibrary.org
Kansas, United States
- Connelley, William E.. A standard history of Kansas and Kansans. 5 vols. Chicago: Lewis, 1918. Web
Louisiana, United States
Kentucky, United States
- Kentucky, University of. Kentucky Digital Library. 2015. Web
Maine, United States
- Stackpole, Everett S.. History of Durham, ME.. Press of Lewiston Journal, 1899. Archive.org
- McClellan, Hugh Davis. History of Gorham, ME.. Ed. Katherine B. Lewis. Portland, ME: Smith & Sale, 1903. Archive.org
Massachusetts, United States
- American Jewish Historical Society-New England Archives-Jewish Cemetery Association of Massachusetts
- Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of the State of Massachusetts, Volume 1 edited by William Richard Cutter, William Frederick Adams
- Biographical Record of the Alumni of Amherst College By Amherst College
- History of the Town of Arlington, Massachusetts by Benjamin Cutter
- The History of Cape Cod: The Annals of The Thirteen Towns of Barnstable County, Volumes 1 and 2 by Frederick Freeman; published online by Google Books, 2009; original publisher: Geo. C. Band & Avery & Cornhill, Boston, Mass., 1858.
- Historical Sketch of the Congregational Church in Belchertown, Massachusetts by Hon. Mark Doolittle
- Genealogies Of Some Of The First Families That Settled In Cold Spring, Now Belchertown, Hampshire County, Massachusetts; Appendix A By Hon. Mark Doolittle
- Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of Boston and Eastern Massachusetts Volume 4 by William Richard Cutter
- Records of the town of Braintree, 1640-1793 by Samuel A. Bates, Daniel H. Huxford, 1886
- 'Scituate, Massachusetts Scituate Historical Society. 
- Genealogies of Hadley Families, Embracing the Early Settlers of the Towns of Hatfield, South Hadley, Amherst, and Granby by Lucius M. Boltwood
- Bagg, J. N.. Account of the centennial celebration of the town of West Springfield, Mass, Wednesday, March 25th, 1874, with the historical address of Thomas E, Vermilye, D.D., L.L.D., the poem of Mrs. Ellen P. Champion, and other facts and speeches. Springfield, MA: Clark W. Bryan, 1874. Archive.org
- Banks, Charles Edward. The history of Martha's Vineyard, Dukes County, Massachusetts in three volumes: Town annals. 2. G. H. Dean, 1911. Archive.org
- Baldwin, Thomas W.. Vital records of Sherborn, Massachusetts, to the year 1850. Boston: F. H. Gilson, 1911. Archive.org
- Bond, Henry. Genealogies of the families and descendants of the early settlers of Watertown, Massachusetts, including Waltham and Weston; to which is appended the early history of the town.. 2nd. ed. Boston: N. E. Historic-Genalogical Society, 1860. Archive.org
- Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal of Berkshire County, Massachusetts, Volume 1 edited by Rollin Hillyer Cooke, 1906
- Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal of Worchester County, Massachusetts, Volume 1 edited by Ellery Bicknell Crane, 1907
- Historic Homes and Places and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Volume 4 edited by William Richard Cutter, 1908
- Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of Boston and Eastern Massachusetts, Volume 4 edited by William Richard Cutter, 1908
- Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of the State of Massachusetts, Volume 4 edited by William Richard Cutter, William Frederick Adams, 1910
- Eastman, Sophie E.. In old South Hadley. Chicago: Blakely Printing, 1912. Archive.org
- The Essex Institute, Vital Records of Chelmsford, Massachusetts to the End of the Year 1849 (Salem, Mass. 1914)(Free e-book) (Records are also available at ma-vitalrecords.org)
- The Essex Institute, Vital Records of Tewksbury, Massachusetts to the End of the Year 1849 (Salem, Mass. 1912)(Free e-book) (Records are also available at ma-vitalrecords.org)
- Hudson, Charles. History of the town of Lexington, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, from its first settlement to 1868.. Rev. ed. Vol. 1. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1913. Archive.org
- Hudson, Charles. History of the town of Lexington, Middlesex County, Massachusetts, from its first settlement to 1868.. Rev. ed. Vol. 2. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1913. Archive.org
- Sibley, John Langdon. Biographical sketches of graduates of Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Vol. 3. Cambridge: Charles William Sever, 1885. Google Books
- Smith, John Montague, Abbie T. Montague, and Henry W. Taft. 1673-1899 History of the town of Sunderland, Massachusetts, which originally embraced within its limits the present towns of Montague and Leverett; with genealogies. Greenfield, MA: Press of E. A. Hall, 1899. Archive.org
- Thompson, Roger. Divided we stand: Watertown, Massachusetts, 1630-1680. University of Massachusetts, 2001. ISBN 1-55849-304-2. Google Books
- Topsfield Historical Society. The historical collections of the Topsfield Historical Society. Ed. George Francis Dow. Vols. 13-14. Topsfield, MA: The Society, 1909. Archive.org
- Walker, Alice M.. Historic Hadley: a story of the making of a famous Massachusetts town. Ed. Henry R. Stiles. New York: Grafton Press, 1906. Archive.org
- Wells, Daniel White, and Reuben Field Wells. 1660-1910 a history of Hatfield Massachusetts in three parts. Springfield, MA: F. C. H. Gibbons, 1910. Archive.org
Massachusetts soldiers and sailors of the Revolutionary War, Wright & Potter Printing Company, Boston, 1896. Seventeen volumes!
Volume I A-Bery
Volume II Bese-Byxbe
Volume III Caal-Cory
Volume IV Cose-Dryer
Volume V Duarell-Foys
Volume VI Frauer-Gypson
Volume VII Haagg-Hixson
Volume VIII Hmlen-Jypson
Volume XI Kable-Lsubon
Volume X Luaas-Mopsy
Volume XI Mor-Pazel
Volume XII Peabadey-Razey
Volume XIII Rea-Seymr
Volume XIV Sha-Sthenfield
Volume XV Stibbens-Tozer
Volume XVI Tracey-Wheylon
Volume XVII Whicher-Zyranius
- Index to the probate records of the County of Suffolk, Massachusetts : from the year 1636 to and including the year 1893 prepared under the supervision of Elijah George
'VITAL RECORDS OF MASSACHUSETTS TOWNS TO 1850'
- Abington, Volume 1, Births to the Year 1850
- Abington, Volume 2, Marriages and Deaths to the Year 1850
- Alford Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Arlington Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Athol Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Becket Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Bellingham Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Billerica Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Bolton Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Boston births, baptisms, marriages and deaths, 1630-1699 (First Church)
- Boston Births 1700-1800
- Boston, Marriages, 1752-1809
- Boston, Town Records, 1814-1822
- Boxborough Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Boxford Births Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Boxford Marriages Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Boxford Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Boxford Town Records and Births
- Boxford Vital Records to the Year 1849
- Braintree, Records of the Town of, 1640-1793
- Brockton Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Canton, The Record of Births, Marriages, and Deaths and Intentions 1795-1845
- Carlisle Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Carver Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Carlton Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Chelsea Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Chester Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Chilmark Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Cohasset Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Dalton Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Dedham Births, Marriages, Deaths, Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Deerfield Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Dorchester, The Record of Births, Marriages, and Deaths and Intentions 1715-1727
- Dover Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Dracut Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Duxbury Vital Records to the Year 1850
- East Bridgewater Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Edgartown Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Foxborough Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Freetown Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Gill Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Granville Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Great Barrington Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Greenfield Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Hardwick Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Harvard Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Heath Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Hingham Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Hinsdale Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Holliston Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Hopkinton Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Kingston Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Lee Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Lincoln Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Malden Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Marblehead Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Marlborough Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Medfield Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Medford Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Medway Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Mendon Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Middlefield Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Milford Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Montgomery Vital Records to the Year 1850
- New Braintree, Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Newton Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Northbridge Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Norton Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Oakham Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Palmer Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Pelham Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Pembroke Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Peru Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Reading Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Richmond Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Rochester, Volume 1 Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Rochester, Volume 2, Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Royalston Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Rutland Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Saugus Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Scituate Volume 1, Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Scituate, Volume 2, Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Shirley, Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Stoughton, The Record of Births, Marriages, and Deaths and Intentions 1727-1800
- Stow Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Sturbridge Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Taunton Vital Records (not yet found online, World Cat to find locally, use your zip code)
- Taunton early records (some records in NEHGSR)
- Tisbury Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Topsfield, Volume 1, Vital Records to the Year 1849
- Topsfield Volume 2, Vital Records to the Year 1849
- Tyngsborough Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Upton Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Uxbridge Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Waltham Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Warren Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Wayland Vital Records to the Year 1850
- West Bridgewater Vital Records to the Year 1850
- West Stockbridge Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Weymouth, Volume 1, Births Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Weymouth, Volume 2, Marriages and Deaths, Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Williamstown Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Winchendon Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Windsor Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Worthington Vital Records to the Year 1850
- Wrentham Vital Records to the Year 1850
Michigan, United States
- Barnard, F. A.. American biographical history of eminent and self-made men, Michigan volume. 3+ vols. Cincinnati, OH: Western Biographical Publishing, 1878. Archive.org
Minnesota, United States
- The United States biographical dictionary and portrait gallery of eminent and self-made-men. New York: American Biographical Publishing, 1879. Openlibrary.org
Missouri, United States
New Hampshire, United States
- Bell, Charles. Facts relating to the early history of Chester, N.H. from the settlement in 1720, until the formation of the state constitution in the year 1784. Concord: G. Parker Lyon, 1863. Archive.org
- Bell, Charles H.. History of the town of Exeter, New Hampshire. Exeter: [Press of J. E. Farwell], 1888. Archive.org
- Brown, Warren. History of the town of Hampton Falls, New Hampshire from the time of the first settlement within its borders. Vol I. Manchester NH: John E. Clark Com., 1900. Archive.org
- Brown, Warren. History of the town of Hampton Falls, New Hampshire from the time of the first settlement within its borders. Vol II. Manchester, NH: John E. Clark Com., 1918. Archive.org
- Dow, Joseph. History of the town of Hampton, New Hampshire. Vol I. Salem, MA: Salem Press, 1893. Archive.org
- Dow, Joseph, eds. History of the town of Hampton, New Hampshire. Vol II. Salem, MA: Salem Press, 1893. Archive.org
- Evans, Helen F.. Abstracts of the probate records of Strafford Co., N.H., 1771-1799. H. F. Evans, 1983. Google Books
- Fitts, James Hill. History of Newfields, New Hampshire, 1638-1911. Ed. N. F. Carter. Concord, N.H.: Rumford Press, 1912. Openlibrary.org
- McClintock, John. N., eds. The Granite Monthly: a New Hampshire Magazine devoted to history, biography, literature, and state progress. Vols.47-48. Concord, N.H.: John N. McClintock, 1915. Google Books
- Powers, Grant. An address delivered on the centennial celebration, to the people of Hollis, N.H.. Dunstable, N.H.: Thayer & Wiggin, 1830. Openlibrary.org
- Scales, John, eds. Historical memoranda concerning persons and places in Old Dover, N.H.. Comp. Quint, Alonzo Hall et al. Vol. 1. Dover, N.H.: [n.p], 1900. Archive.org
- Stackpole, Everett S., and Winthrop S. Meserve. History of the town of Durham, New Hampshire: (Oyster River Plantation), with genealogical notes. Vol. 2. Concord, N.H.: Rumford Press, 1913. Archive.org
- Fitts, James Hill. History of Newfields, New Hampshire, 1638-1911 (Rumford Press, 1912 - Newfields (N.H.))
- Stearns, Ezra S.. History of the town of Rindge, New Hampshire, from the date of the Rowley Canada or Massachusetts charter, to the present time 1736-1874, with a genealogical register of the Rindge families. Boston: Press of George H. Ellis, 1875. Google Books
- Stearns, Ezra S., William F. Whitcher, and Edward E. Parker, comps. Genealogical and family history of the state of New Hampshire. 4 vols. New York: Lewis Publishing, 1908. Archive.org
- Thompson, Mary P.. Landmarks in ancient Dover, New Hampshire. Durham, N.H.: Republican Press Association, 1892. Archive.org
- Tibbets, Charles W., eds. The New Hampshire Genealogical Record. Vol. 1. Dover, N.H.: Charles W. Tibbets, 1904. Archive.org
- Wadleigh, George. Notable events in the hostory of Dover, New Hampshire from the first settlement in 1623 to 1865. Dover N.H.: Tufts College Press, 1913. Archive.org
- Worcester, Samuel Thomas. History of the town of Hollis, New Hampshire, from its first settlement to the year 1879. Boston: A. Williams, 1879. Archive.org
New Jersey, United States
- Somerset County, New Jersey Historical Quarterly by A. Van Doren Honeyman, ed., 8 vols. (1912-1919).
- State of New Jersey, Department of Health, Vital Records in New Jersey. Princeton University Library
New York, United States
- Genealogical and Family History of Western New York: A Record of the Achievements of Her People in the Making of a Commonwealth and the Building of a Nation, Volume 1, by William Richard Cutter Lewis Historical Publishing Company, 1912 - New York
- Cutter, William Richard, comps. Genealogical and family history of central New York. 3 vols. New York: Lewis Historical Publishing, 1912. Archive.org
- Genealogies of the state of New York. Lewis Historical Publishing, 1915. Google Books
- Long Island genealogies, Munsell's Historical Series, No. 24 Published 1895 by J. Munsell's sons in Albany, New York
- Harrison, Mitchell Charles, comps. New York state's prominent and progressive men. 3 vols. New York: New York Tribune, 1900. Archive.org
- Leonard, John William. History of the city of New York, 1609-1909. New York: Journal of Commerce and Commercial Bulletin, 1910. Archive.org
- New York University. General alumni catalogue of New York University 1833-1905: College, applied science and honorary alumni. New York: General Alumni Society, 1906. Openlibrary.org
- Records of the Reformed Dutch Church of Albany, New York, 1683–1809. Excerpted from Year Books of the Holland Society of New York by D. Pane-Joyce, 
- Pelletreau, William S.. Wills of the Smith families of New York and Long Island, 1664-1794: careful abstracts of all the will of the name of Smith recorded in New York, Jamaica, and Hempstead, prior to 1794, with genealogical and historical notes. New York: Francis P. Harper, 1898. Openlibrary.org
- Reynolds, Cuyler, comps. Genealogical and family history of Southern New York and the Hudson River Valley. 2 vols.. New York: Lewis Historical Publishing, 1914. Archive.org
- New York in the Revolution as Colony and State by James A. Roberts, Comptroller, 2nd Edition, pub. 1898.
North Carolina, United States
- ncccha.blogspot.com Thomas Gunn Jr. (c.1738 VA - 1800 NC) By: James B. Kerner (2007)
- Grimes, John Bryan, comps. Abstract of North Carolina wills compiled from original and recorded wills in the office of the Secretary of State. Raleigh, NC: E. M. Uzzell, 1910. Openlibrary.org
Ohio, United States
- A centennial biographical history of Hancock County, Ohio". New York and Chicago: Lewis Publishing, 1903. Archive.org
- Upton, Harriet Taylor. History of the Western Reserve. Ed. Harry Gardner Cutler. Chicago: Lewis Publishing, 1910. Archive.org
- The history of Wyandot county, Ohio. Chicago, Leggett, Conaway & co., 1884. Archive.org
- The History of Darke County, Ohio, Containing a History of the County; Its Cities, Towns, Etc.; General and Local Statistics; Portraits of Early Settlers and Prominent Men; History of the Northwest Territory; History of Ohio, Map of Darke County, Etc, W. H. Beers & Co., 1880
- History of Muskingum County Ohio 1882, J.F. Everhart & Co., 1882
Oklahoma, United States
- Chronicles of Oklahoma including a list of whites that married Cherokee tribe members.
Pennsylvania, United States
- Browning, Charles Henry. Welsh settlement of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: W. J. Campbell, 1912. Archive.org
- Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal of Chester and Delaware Counties, Pennsylvania, Volume 2 By Gilbert Cope, Henry Graham Ashmead, 1904
- Eshleman, Henry Frank. Historic background and annals of the Swiss and German pioneer settlers of Southeastern Pennsylvania and of their remote ancestors, from the middle of the dark ages, down to the time of the revolutionary war. Lancaster, PA: 1917. Archive.org
- Historic homes and institutions and genealogical and personal memoirs of the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania By E. Moore Green, J.W. Jordan, G.T. Ettinger
- Genealogical and Personal History of Fayette County, Pennsylvania, Volume 1 By James Hadden, 1912
- Hocker, Edward W.. Genealogical data relating to the German settlers of Pennsylvania and adjacent territory: from advertisements in German newspapers published in Philadelphia and Germantown, 1743-1800. Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Publishing, 1980. ISBN 0-8063-0878-8. Google Books
- Jacobs, Henry Eyster. Pennsylvania: the German influence in its settlement and development. a narrative and critical history. Vol. 3. Lancaster, PA: Pennsylvania-German Society, 1898. Archive.org
- Kuhns, Oscar. The German and Swiss settlements of colonial Pennsylvania: a study of the so-called Penssylvania Dutch. New York: Henry Holt, 1900. Openlibrary.org
- Swedenborg, Emanuel. History of Tioga County, Pennsylvania. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania: R. C. Brown & Co, 1807. 163 pages. Read the eBook Online for Free http://www.ebooksread.com/authors-eng/emanuel-swedenborg/history-of-tioga-county-pennsylvania-539.shtml.
- Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776, Thirty-thousand Names archive.org, Index To the 30,000 names. mickyarco.com
Rhode Island, United States
- Representative men and old families of Rhode Island : genealogical records and historical sketches of prominent and representative citizens and of many of the old families by J.H. Beers & Co. Publishers, 1908. Three Volumnes.
- Bulkley, Abby Isabel Brown, and Henry Truman Beckwith. The Chad Browne memorial: consisting of a genealogical memoirs of a portion of the descendants of Chad and Elizabeth Browne with an appendix containing sketches of other early Rhode Island settlers, 1638-1888. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Daily Eagle Book Printing Department, 1888. Archive.org
- Vital records of Scituate, Massachusetts, to the year 1850 Vol I Births. Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1909. Archive.org
- Vital records of Scituate, Massachusetts, to the year 1850 Vol II Marriages and Deaths. Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1909. Archive.org
- Wilkinson, Israel. Memoirs of the Wilkinson family in America. Jacksonville, IL: Davis & Penniman Printers, 1869. Openlibrary.org
South Carolina, United States
- Norfleet, Phil, comps. "Petition to Lord Germain dated 19 April 1782". South Carolina Loyalists and Rebels. [n.d.]. Web
Tennessee, United States
- Carrol County Homecoming '86 Historical Book Committee. History of Carroll County Tennessee. Vol.1.. Paducah, KY: Turner Publishing, 1986. ISBN 0-938021-01-X. Google Books
- "Giles County Tennessee". American History and Genealogy Project. Giles County Historical Society, 2012. Web
Texas, United States
- The Handbook of Texas. Texas State Historical Society: a digital gateway to Texas history. Texas State Historical Association, [n.d.]. Web
Vermont, United States
- The History and Map of Danby, Vermont by John C. Williams, 1869.
- Carleton, Hiram. Genealogical and family history of the state of Vermont: a record of the achievements of her people in the making of a commonwealth and the founding of a nation. Vol. 1. New York: Lewis Publishing, 1903. Archive.org
- Carleton, Hiram. Genealogical and family history of the state of Vermont: a record of the achievements of her people in the making of a commonwealth and the founding of a nation. Vol. 2. New York: Lewis Publishing, 1903. Archive.org
- Crocker, Henry. History of the Baptists in Vermont. P. H. Goble Press, 1913. Archive.org
- The history of Brookfield, Vermont. Brookfield, VT: The Society, 1987. Brookfield Historical Society
- Jones, Matt Bushnell. History of the town of Waitsfeild, Vermont, 1782-1908, with family genealogies. Boston, MA: George E. Littlefield, 1909. Archive.org
- Joslin, Joseph, Barnes Frisbie, and Frederick Ruggles. A history of the town of Poultney, Vermont: from its settlement to the year 1875, with family and biographical sketches and incidents. Journal Printing Office, 1875. Archive.org
Virginia, United States
- Virginia Historical Genealogies by Boddie, John Bennett, 1880-Redwood City, Calif.: Pacific Coast Publishers, 1954
- Southside Virginia Families by Boddie, John Bennett, 1880-Redwood City, Calif.: Pacific Coast Publishers, 1955
- Southside Virginia Genealogies by John W. Pritchett; Clearfield Company, Jan 1, 2007
- JSTOR Early Journal Content, The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography A selection of journal materials published prior to 1923 in the United States and prior to 1870 elsewhere with nearly 500,000 articles from more than 200 journals. JSTOR Early Journal Content is freely available at www.jstor.org or on this page, via the "Browse by Subject / Keywords" search tool
- National Park Service, Jamestown, Virginia'. National Park Service, NPS.gov
- Complete listing of Early Virginia Immigrants, 1623-1666 (from book published 1912 by George Cabell Greer, now copyright-free) http://www.evmedia.com/virginia/
- Virginia Division Sons of Confederate Veterans Home Page: http://www.scvva.org/
- Henry County, Virginia. http://www.myhenrycounty.com
- The Virginia Historical Society. Unknown No Longer. Database of Slave Names. http://unknownnolonger.vahistorical.org/search/advanced
- The Online Books Page. Augusta County, Virginia. http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/webbin/book/browse?type=lcsubc&key=Augusta%20County%20%28Va.%29%20--%20History
- Prince William County Virginia by: Ronald Ray Turner http://www.pwcvabooks.com/pwcvabookspublishedworks.htm
Washington, United States
West Virginia, United States
- West Virginia Division Of Culture And History, Vital Research Records. http://www.wvculture.org/vrr/va_select.aspx
- The Wheeling Area Genealogical Society & Ohio County WV Gen Web. http://www.wvgenweb.org/ohio/index.htm
Wisconsin, United States
- The United States biographical dictionary and portrait gallery of eminent and self-made men. Wisconsin Volume. Chicago: American Biographical Publishing, 1877. Openlibrary.org
- Barnhart, Josephus Edward. Barnhart Family Record: The Family of Daniel Barnhart II, C1765-1802 and Elizabeth Naff, C1767-1805. New Carlisle, Ohio: Publisher Not Identified, C1925. 282 pages. Major surnames include Barnhart, Bowman, Brubaker, Flora/Flory, Grisso, Hylton, Ikenberry, Kesler, Kinzie, Layman, Naff, Peters, Sink, and Wray. Collection of Scott Anderson. Scott will do look-ups on request.
- Our Coopers From Yorkshire, England, 1580s to Present Times in the Americas by Joyce Cooper Walker, 2011 (I will do look-ups in this book by request. Kitty Smith
- Source: JJGregory Author: Jasper Josiah Gregory: Title: History of Timothy Gregory and His Descendants. Publication: The Reporter Press, Walton NY 1934 : Repository: #pws Repository: pws Name: Collection of Phil Smith. Phil will do lookup for this family.
- Category: Title: Southwest Louisiana Records (1750-1900) CD101; Compiler: Hebert, Donald J. (Donald Joseph) , 1942-2000 Publication: Hebert Publications, Rayne, LA, 2000 Collection of Phil Smith? Phil will do lookup for this family?
- Source: VWHuntley Title: John Huntley, Immigrant of Boston & Roxbury, Massachusetts and Lyme, Connecticut 1647-1977 and some of his Descendants. Author: Virgil W. Huntley. Books I, II, III. 1978, 1993, 1996. Material from the books used with written permission of the author. Repository: #pws Repository: pws Name: Collection of Phil Smith. Phil will do lookup for this family.
- Smith Wills, Deeds and Family Histories, Vol 1 compiled by Linda G. Cheek, 1993. ISBN 0-89308-484-0. Page 526 (I will do look-ups in this book by request. Kitty Smith
- Ancestors and Descendants of Smiths by Linda G. Cheek, 1987. ISBN 0-89308-622-3. Page 151 (I will do look-ups in this book by request. Kitty Smith
- Can you help with Kitty's Library? Dec 8, 2019.