Surnames/tags: Kleinhampl Kleinhemple Klinehample
This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about the surname Kleinhampl and its variants. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect. Please contact the project leader, add categories to your profiles, add your questions to the bulletin board, add details of your name research, etc.
"Kleinhampl - my dictionary says it is created from German name Heimbrecht, where heim = home and brecht = great, ie. small great home"
One variant is Klein, which some of the folks who immigrated to the US used after living here awhile. I haven't found in any my own lineage, but in the other main Kleinhampl family in the US, which settled in the Pittsburgh area.
To Do List
- Missouri Kleinhampl Brothers: Cal Kleinhampl's obituary
- Zbiroh Kleinhampls need added. Going through Parish Records to look for them. Brown-8212 12:46, 11 March 2016 (EST)
- Done: Zbiroh 08 1866-76
- Myto Kleinhampls to add from Toll 12:
- 1843 baptism of Emanuel, son of Antonin Kleinhampl (son of Antonin) and Antonia
- 1842 baptism of Jozef Kleinhampl, son of Jan, son of (same father as below- Jena?) and Mareya Svoboda
- 1842 baptism of Jan Kleinhampl, son of Jan and Anna
- 1841 baptism of Jozef, son of Jozef Kleinhampl, son of ??
- 1842 baptism of Mareya Kleinhampl, dau of Karol Kleinhampl, son of (same parent as Jozef above) and Mareya? Svoboda
- 1843 November baptism of Franz son of Jozef Kleinhampl, (son of Juha? same guy as above) and Katerine
- baptism of Anna, 1844, daughter of ?Karol Kleinhampl (son of Jans? looks same as above) and ?Maryn Svoboda
- baptism of Anton son of Anton Hlawsa and Anna Kleinhampl
stopped paging on page 43 Brown-8212 00:10, 18 June 2018 (UTC)