This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about the surname Koreen and its variants. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect. Please contact the project leader, add categories to your profiles, add your questions to the bulletin board, add details of your name research, etc.
(Please leave the names as mixed, do not change to all-caps. Thanks. I am the creator of the "Koreen Name Study" and have been informed that all-caps interferes with name searches).
The goal of this project is to trace the origins, ancestry, and migration of persons with the surname "Koreen" into and across the United States, especially to California. We can make regional "Koreen" studies if we end up with more "Koreen" people who appear to not be related.
Right now this project just has one member, me. I am Norman Burton. My wife's maiden name is "Koreen", that's why I started this One Name Study. We have little information about her father's ancestry.
Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- Find more ancestors of course!
- Find documentation (Birth records, death records, burial information).
- Find living family members. We have a few, but they don't have much information either, but I hope to get them more interested in this project!
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Norman Burton. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)