Kutala is a big, old village located in the former municipality of Karkku, in modern day City of Sastamala, on an island with the same name in Lake Kulovesi.
The village was originally located on the eastern side of the island, near a bridge to the mainland. In 1540 and in 1571 there were 14 farms in the village, 13 in the 1644 map by Jonas Streng.
In the southern shore of the Kutala Island there was the village of Oravula. The solitary farm of Rainio, which turned into a small village, was located on the mainland side east of Kutala. South from Rainio there was the village of Koivu. The medieval villages of Kutala, Oravula, Rainio, and Koivu are nowadays often referred to as Kutala.
From 1694 to 1810 two to five farms were responsible for providing a soldier together. The soldiers of Kutala farms in 1728 were called as follows:
- Heikki Erkinpoika Hänfelt (Hannula, Iso-Hisso)
- Juho Paavalinpoika Ropo (Iso-Ropo, Vähä-Ropo, Pentti from Koivu)
- Juho Antinpoika Weckman (Piltti, Vähä-Hisso, Kauppila, Luola from Koivu, Paavola from Urmia)
- Tuomas Jaakonpoika Björkman (Tarkka, Keisari, Koro from Koivu)
- Tuomas Tuomaanpoika Sarkman (Nikali, Kouhi, Talola from Sarkola)
Soldiers in 1804:
- Heikki Matinpoika Örn (Hannula, Iso-Hisso)
- Antti Heikinpoika Lang (Iso-Ropo, Vähä-Ropo, Pentti from Koivu)
- Heikki Heikinpoika Ståhl (Piltti, Vähä-Hisso, Kauppila, Luola from Koivu, Paavola from Urmia)
- Antti Matinpoika Spetz (Tarkka, Keisari, Koro from Koivu)
- Juho Tuomaanpoika Boll (Nikali, Kouhi, Talola from Sarkola)
- Iso-Iivari, Lasse: Karkun talonhaltijaluettelo. 
- Kutala - kylä vuolteiden varrella. Kutalan nuorisoseura 2016.
- Piilonen, Juhani: Sastamalan historia 2. 2007.
- Suvanto, Seppo: Satakunnan henkilötiedosto 1303-1571. 
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)