Surnames/tags: Lacey Lacy
How to Join
Please contact the project leader Tony Lacey or post a comment at the foot of the page. If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!
This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about one surname and the variants of that name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect.
The other goal of this study is to determine if the William Lacy or Lacey line and the Thomas Lacy line are one in the same. Records are scarce and hard to find. The Virginia Counties of New Kent, Monroe, Goochland, Greenbrier, Johnson, Hanover, Brunswick and Lunenburg are a main focus of this study. See Resources
1) Help source early Lacey / Lacy Wikitree profiles. ( you will likely need the pre 1700 certification for this task)
2) Help connect profiles thru YDNA matches. (Mine is in progress and should have the results in a couple of weeks)
3) Discuss the commonality or naming patterns in the various Lacey / Lacy family lines.
MyTony Lacey / Lacy line naming patterns include Philemon, Alexander, David, William James and John just to name a few.
- Legend of the Lacey, Lacy Family Note; This book briefly outlines William and Thomas Lacy / Lacey
- William Lacy, wife Susanna and one child's arrival on James Island on the passenger ship Southampton
Links to Records
Parish, Church, Tax and Census
- 1704 Rent Roll Listed here are William, Thomas and Emanuel Lacey
- 1810 New Kent Co. Census Listed here are William, Philemon, Stephen, Mary, Archibald and Steward Lacy
Lacey / Lacy Profiles
Philemon Lacey 1749-1834 (son of William of Greenbrier, maybe)
James Philemon Lacey 1771-1847 (proven son of Philemon Lacy and Esther Daniels)
William Lacy aka William of Greenbrier, VA. 1725-1794 (son of Benjamin William Lacy)
Thomas Lacy 1649 Westminster, London England-1730 Hanover, VA
Thomas Lacy 1660 England- 1750 Hanover, VA
Thomas Lacy II 1684 New Kent, VA-1727 Hanover, VA
Thomas LacyIII 1702 New Kent, VA-1809 Hanover, VA
William Lacey II 1627 Westminster, London England- after 1656 VA? Note: This is where I believe the lines of William Lacey and Thomas Lacy join as brothers, but there has been no discovered proof.