Location: Lamb Mountain, Newcomb, Campbell County, Tennessee, USA
This free space page for the Lamb Mountain Family Cemetery is part of WikiTree's Global Cemeteries Project, and was created to document the life and times of our ancestors that are interred there. The Tennessee Cemeteries Project is a subproject of the larger U.S. Cemeteries Project.
Lamb Mountain Family Cemetery is situated at Lamb Mountain Cemetery Road in the Township of Newcomb, a small town near Jellico, Tennessee. Half of the mountain is in Campbell County and the other half is in Scott County. The cemetery is owned and maintained by (Unknown at this time)
This cemetery is located near the end of Lamb Mountain Cemetery Road. The road is steep and very winding. It can at times be impossible to drive up especially after it rains due to the clay base of the road.
There are multiple graves marked by fieldstones. Whether this is due to heritage or lack of funds Im not sure.
A few of these memorials are duplicated elsewhere as spouses were buried beside their husbands or wives at other cemeteries. I will try to link those graves as I find them.
Only direct family members are permitted to be interned here.
There is a Lamb Family Reunion held on Lamb's Mountain yearly. Usually the third Sunday in July.
This page is a work in progress, and will remain so until the Table of Interments (below) is completed. The Table of Interments is a sortable listing of persons interred at this cemetery, some or all of whom are linked to existing WikiTree profiles. Although all grave markers in this cemetery have been photographed (or will be shortly), the photos can only be displayed for persons with existing WikiTree profiles. If you know of a person interred at this cemetery that should be linked to an existing WikiTree profile, or needs to have a profile created for them, please contact Michelle McQueen for assistance.
Contact Information, Location and Map
Address and Phone
Lamb Mountain Cemetery Road, Newcomb, Campbell County, Tennessee, 37819, USA
GPS Coordinates (WGS84)
Links to Other Online Resources
- In progress
- 100% of grave markers photographed on July 15, 2014
- In progress
Project members are needed to:
- Assist with data collection and grave marker transcriptions
- Additional photography and GPS data collection is needed, and previously collected data can be sent by email to other members willing to assist with transcriptions.
- Link existing profiles or create new profiles for persons listed in the Table of Interments
- When complete, everyone listed in the Table of Interments will be linked to their own WikiTree profile, and to a photo of that person's corresponding grave marker. The created profiles can include other genealogical and biographical information as well as a listing of sources for documentation.
- Validate links and transcription information
- Profile and photo links and transcribed information needs to be cross-checked to ensure accuracy.
- Create an audio/video tour of the cemetery
- Record a virtual tour of the cemetery that can be viewed as downloadable media on computers, tablets or other device. Such a tour would take the viewer around the cemetery to explore the history of the people buried here. Background information can be supplied. Those with mobile internet access can access online links to more information.
Table of Interments
|Last Name||Maiden Name||First and Middle Names||Date of Birth||Date of Death||Age||Latitude||Longitude||Photo Date||Photo (Click for larger)||Notes|
|Baird||Hattie E||November 25, 1927||May 5, 1991|
|Cooper||Plinia||December 10, 1928||January 10, 2010|
|Douglas||Lamb||Iris||March 19, 1927||March 5, 1994|
|Hicks||Edgar F||January 28, 1914||July 14, 1992|
|Hicks||Wassah D||June 8, 1917||May 25, 1988|
|Ingram||Brady||July 18, 1897||February 6, 1930|
|Ingram||Mollie||November 14, 1929||November 8, 1933|
|Johnson||Baby||May 3, 1995||May 3, 1995|
|Lamb||David D||April 16, 1885||April 18, 1945|
|Lamb||Ervin W||August 10, 1930||February 8, 2000|
|Lamb||Fitzhugh Boyd||June 6, 1898||October 28, 1931|
|Lamb||George F||February 5, 1922||April 9, 1945||WWII Bronze Star|
|Lamb||Gertie J||May 6, 1940||January 5, 2002|
|Lamb||Hobert||March 19, 1910||January 13, 1977||Reverend|
|Lamb||James D||May 28, 1935|
|Lamb||Jeaniene S||September 16, 1933||January 17, 1995|
|Lamb||June E||April 21, 1939|
|Lamb||Marvin Boyd||July 18, 1960||September 22, 2012|
|Lamb||Maude E||February 12, 1900||December 11, 1994|
|Lamb||Miller G||March 18, 1904||February 26, 1973|
|Lamb||Nathan Franklin||June 6, 1860||June 26, 1933||Reverend|
|Lamb||Nathan Franklin Leonard "Lee"||February 14, 1884||July 14, 1955|
|Lamb||Newman Albert||July 28, 1907||July 17, 1983|
|Lamb||Noel Esau||January 11, 1929||March 2, 1989|
|Lamb||Robert E Lee||February 5, 1922||August 5, 1990|
|Lamb||Sarah Mariah "Sallie"||May 30, 1862||January 8, 1924|
|Lamb||William Thomas||November 24, 1880||February 23, 1940|
|Lay||Lamb||Wretha||February 17, 1921||August 11, 1974|
|Louden||Lamb||Nina A||May 11, 1925||June 5, 1996|
|Loudin||Lamb||Beulah||April 18, 1924||October 1, 1966|
|Morgan||Lamb||Clautea||August 23, 1915||March 22, 2000|
|Powell||Joyce L||March 30, 1946||September 2, 2007|
|Spears||Luther Ray||January 28, 1943||July 15, 1972|
|Spears Rouse||Lamb||Elsie Mae||February 13, 1924||August 20, 2004|
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)