Surname/tag: Lackie, Stevens, Felch, Manchester, Nelson
This document contains a transcription of oral family history, history copied from published genealogies, and miscellaneous poems and information, recorded by Laura Charlotte (Lackie) Warden (1873-1937), probably in 1905 and supplemented up to her death in 1937.
NOTE: Pages are numbered per pdf page numbering rather than original numbering
Compiled about 1905 and in later years
[Handdrawn map of locations in Scotland]
Map showing locations in Scotland. Andrew Lackie born 1736 in Bucklivie Sterling Shire. Jenet Harvey (his wife) born 1745 Glasgow. Robert Warden a farmer in 1746 in Murdiestown near Greenock, Scotland.
Tradition says 'Three Stevens Brothers' came in the 'Mayflower' from England, and the people by that name in this country are their descendants and therefore English.
Jonathan and Elizabeth (Parker) Stevens had 10 children. Elizabeth died Mar. 7, 1816
- Jonathan born May 2, 1762, died Feb 25, 1847, Served in Revolutionary War enlisted when about 15, lived in Hardwick, VT, died + burried there
- Anna born Mar. 9, 1764, died Mar 9, 1790
- Elizabeth born May 22, 1766, died 1840
- Reuben born Oct 6, 1769, died 1835
- Ephram born Jan. 10, 1771
- David born Sept 7, 1773, died 1822 in Boston
- Rachel born Mar 2, 1776
- Nathaniel Parker born May 29, 1778, died 1813, Drowned at Canan, Maine
- Lovina born Feb. 24, 1781
- Prudy born May 6, 1782 at Pepperill Mass, died Dec 9, 1863 Brookfield, VT
- Joseph Spalding born Oct 15, 1785, died 1835
John B. Perham Brookfield, VT a grandson of Prudy furnished above list. He writes 'Prudy was a good woman she had the Parker hair a beautiful red.
John G. Perham North Randolph, VT has a more ancient Bible.
- David born Sept. 7, 1773
- Charles Henry born May 17, 1813
- David Webber born Oct 4, 1839
David Stevens our great grandfather was one of a family of ten children. The 'Stevens' in Conn. are relatives. Some of Davids brothers settled there. Grandfather Charles Henry used to tell about it.
David Stevens lived on Charles Street Boston Mass. In his early days he was a fishing sailor, then he painted houses standing on a ladder and hurt his leg causing a cancer there and died in 1822. Mother has the nippers he used to pull pieces of bone from his leg with.
William N. Stevens born in Boston May 26, 1820
Enlisted in U.S. Army January 10, 1862 as private Co. A. 7th Regiment Vt. Vol. on account of sickness was honorably discharged Nov 17, 1862 and died March 16, 1864 in Burlington, Vt.
Delia A. his wife born February 22, 1821 and died February 1, 1903 in Northfield, Vt.
- William Henry born in Burlington, Vt. Sept. 26, 1847 d. Mar. 21, 1848
- Emma Adaline Born in Burlington Jun 17, 1849 md. Walter S. Cass in 1867. She died Aug 15, 1874. He died 1869. No children.
- Claribel Jane b. in Fletcher Vt. May 29, 1853 married Lewis O. Rock in 1872. Two children
- Edora Emma b. July 16, 1875
- Frankie Eugene V. b. July 31, 1881 died Dec. 5, 1884, 3 yrs
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)