Location: Montgomery County, Ohio, United States
Liberty, Jefferson Township, Montgomery County, Ohio, United States
The town of Liberty was laid off by Peter Becher December 4, 1815. The first sale of lots occurred January 8, 1816. The town was advertised “as situated on pleasant, healthy and elevated ground, in the midst of a rich, populous and well-cultivated country. Roads from all the chief parts of the State meet at the town.
“It is only four miles from the Great Miami River, and one-half mile from Bear Creek, on which there are a number of saw and grist mills in operation.
“The town is laid off at the place where William Brown formerly kept store. It is now a very public place, as all the elections are held there for that township; it is also the place for military rendezvous.
“The merchant, the mechanic and the lover of social life will here find a place to suit them all..
“The many advantages which present themselves must render the town of Liberty a place of great importance.”
The post office at Liberty was established in April, 1821, with Henry Hipple as Postmaster. 
- The History of Montgomery County, Ohio (W. H. Beers & Co., Chicago, 1882)
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)