How to Join
Please contact the project leader Gaile Connolly or post a comment at the foot of the page. If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!
- Connect all people in the United States named Lichtman who are related to each other.
- Identify birth places for all Lichtman's who emigrated from Eastern Europe to the United States
Migration from Eastern Europe to United States
- Log points of origin and USA contacts in immigration and naturalization records
- Coordinate census, military service, marriage, and death records with immigration records
- Cross reference with jewishgen records (birth, marriage, death) to locate family lines in the old countries (primarily Hungary, but also Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Poland, Romania, Bessarabia, perhaps others)
- born when ? probably in Dadai-felso, Szabolcs, Hungary
- married Yetta Klein and/or Hani Weisz
- children with Yetta Klein
- (sourced mother) Rose (Lichtman) Solomon immigrated to United States
- (sourced mother) Samuel Lichtman immigrated to United States (grandfather of Gaile Connolly
- (sourced mother) Bertha (Lichtman) Kornblum immigrated to United States
- Morris Lichtman immigrated to United States
- Hyman Lichtman immigrated to United States
- children with Hani Weisz
- (sourced mother) Lina Lichtman
- (sourced mother) Hani Lichtman
- Abraham Lichtman immigrated to United States (grandfather of Perri Guest-Rappel)
- Rubin Lichtman immigrated to United States
- Max Lichtman immigrated to United States
- Harry Lichtman immigrated to United States
- died when ? where?
2. Bernat Lichtmann/Leichtman
- born 1828 in Csenger, Hungary
- married Fani Spiczer
- child Samuel Leichtman
- died 6-Dec-1894 in Pest, Hungary
- Searching for Common Ancestor
- Although their father is not known, Ralph Lichtman (born about 1866 possibly in Poland, died 5 Aug 1947 in Buffalo, Erie, New York, United States) and Samuel Lichtman (born about 1866 possibly in Poland, died between 1925 and 1930 probably in Buffalo, Erie, New York, United States) are believed to be brothers and there may have been more siblings who also came to Buffalo. There is an auDNA match between one of Ralph's descendants and Perri Guest-Rappel. Perri's earliest known ancestor is Bernat Lichtman (probably born between1835 and 1852, in Hungary. If he came to the United States (which is not known), he may have died in 1924 in Bronx, Bronx, New York United States. The Bernat Leichtman who died in 1894 in Budapest, Hungary has been determined to be a different person.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Gaile Connolly. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)