Surnames/tags: Ligocki Ligocka Legocki
How to Join
Please contact the project leader Shawn Ligocki or post a comment at the foot of the page. If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!
Ligocki (feminine Ligocka) is a Polish surname. The "Dictionary of American Family Names" describes the origin as:
Habitational name for someone from any of numerous places in Poland called Ligota, denoting a settlement that was exempt from paying tribute.
Legocki and Legoski are variant spellings seen for example in Sheridan, Wyoming.
|Forefather||Year Born||Location in Poland||# Ligocki descendants||# Descendants||WikiTree Members|
|Matthias Ligocki||1786||Inowrocław County||79||224||Shawn Ligocki|
|August Ligocki||1826||Nakło County||24||55||Richard Nowakowski|
|Andrew Ligocki||1850||?||5||16||Chris Bare|
|Mikołaj Ligocki||1760||Konin County||32||51|
|Joseph Ligocki||1860||Cieszyn County||8||19|
|Franciszek Ligocki||1843||Inowrocław County||6||9|
|Walenty Ligocki||1785||Inowrocław County||5||12|
|Kazmierz Stephan Ligocki||1881||Labosze, Russian Poland(?)||4||8|
The Słownik nazwisk współcześnie w Polsce używanych (Directory of Surnames in Current Use in Poland) which collected 93% of all surnames of people in Poland in 1990 lists 1,776 Ligocki's (including Ligocka's). Which means that 4 out of every 100,000 people in Poland in 1990 had this name. They are distributed throughout 38/49 Polish voivodeships at the time. The top were:
|Voivodeship||# Ligockis||Proportion Ligockis (per 100,000 population)|
In the United States
- ↑ Dictionary of American Family Names: 3-Volume Set, Volume 3 Page 437 edited by Patrick Hanks
- ↑ Using Y DNA Descendants
- ↑ Using WikiTree+ Descendants Report
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Shawn Ligocki. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)