Line Langenfeld, Klapperich Name Study

Privacy Level: Open (White)
This page has been accessed 282 times.

How to Join

Please contact the project leader Sandie Schwarz or post a comment to the right. If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!


This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about the surname KLAPPERICH and the variants of that name from Langenfeld, Dist. Mayen, Rhineland, as well as nearby villages to Langenfeld. The focus is on the KLAPPERICH surname found recorded in the birth, marriage and death records of St Quirinus Catholic Church in Langenfeld, Dist. Mayen, Rhineland. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect.

Langenfeld is a municipality in the district of Mayen-Koblenz in Rhineland-Palatinate, western Germany.

The following are some bigger and more relevant cities in the wider vicinity of Langenfeld: Arft, Welschenbach, Acht, Virneburg, Langscheid, Hausten, Hohenleimbach, Kempenich, Siebenbach, Luxem, Hirten, Spessart, Weibern, Nachtsheim, Herresbach, Kirchwald, Kaltenborn, Volkesfeld, Weiler, Lind, Nitz, Ditscheid, Anschau, Drees, Heckenbach, Boos, Reudelsterz, Munk, Kirsbach, Bermel

Photo: The old St Quirinus Catholic Church (completed in 1760) and a portion of the churchyard cemetery (still in use today) in Langenfeld. In the backgroud of the photo is the new St Quirinus Catholic Church (begun in 1894 consecrated on 10 May 1900). Today the old St Quirinus Catholic Church (28.5 feet by 23 feet) is used as a funeral chapel, and the general public is Not allowed access to the old church.

The village of Langenfeld remained Catholic throughout the Reformation despite an attempt to introduce the Lutheran religion. The coat of arms for Langenfeld is based on a judicial seal of the village from the year 1775 found in the archives of Koblenz. The judicial seal depicts on its seal background a crest with the sovereign cross of Trier, showing the half figure of the church patron St Quirinus. The red beam cross on the silver shield represents the Princes of Trier. The church patron, St Quirinus is represented by nine silver globes in two perpendicular rows, since St Quirinus, as city patron of Neuss and often as the Roman Tribune, was depicted with a shield showing nine globes, as the city coat-of-arms of Neuss. Source: From Langenfeld to Johnbsurg by Teryl Miller, published 2008

To view a list of the KLAPPERICH surname found recorded in the St Quirinus Catholic Church records in Langenfeld, use the above link: Line Langenfeld Klapperich Name Study. The list is a work in progress to be added to.

The name Langenfeld means "long field". It is located on the north slope of the mountain. This is the parish village for the hamlets of Acht, Arft, Niederwelschenbach, Oberwelschenbach, Welschenbach, Langscheid and St Jost [Joducus]. The name of the parish church is St. Quirinus. The given name Quirini appears often in the baptismal records.

KLAPPERICH surname spelling variations in the St Quirinus Catholic Church records: KLEPPERICH, CLOPPERICH, CLAPPER, KLABRICH, CLOPPER

Below is the page link to St Quirinus Catholic Churchyard Cemetery on the Find A Grave website. The link takes you directly to the beginning page for the surname KLAPPERICH. I created this cemetery in 2017 and began creating memorials for surnames of the people recorded in the deaths and burials from transcribed St Quirinus Catholic Church records, a work in progress still.

Task List

  • Login to edit this profile and add images.
  • Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
  • Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)


Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.