Location: Little Compton, Newport, Rhode Island
- " The first Colonial settlers in Little Compton were from Duxbury, Massachusetts in the Plymouth Colony, which granted them their charter. " There were "29 original proprietors".
- "In 1682, Sakonnet was incorporated by the Plymouth Colony and was renamed Little Compton"
- "the town has a total area of 28.9 square miles (75 km2), of which, 20.9 square miles (54 km2) is land and 8.0 square miles (21 km2) (27.79%) is water."
- "Little Compton originally belonged to the Sakonnet (variations include Sogkonate, Seconit, Seaconnet, etc.) tribe,"
- "The first European settlers in Little Compton were Englishmen from Duxbury, Massachusetts in the Plymouth Colony who sought to expand their land holdings. After first attempting negotiations with Awashonks, they petitioned the Plymouth Colony, which granted them their charter. In a series of lotteries beginning in 1674 and ending in the early 1680s, they divided the land in Little Compton into lots of standardized acreage and began settling there. "
National Register of Historic Places
- Friends Meeting House and Cemetery
- Little Compton Common Historic District
- Rhode Island Red Monument
- Sakonnet Light
- Stone House Inn
- William Whalley Homestead
- Wilbor House
- Quaker Meeting House Burial Ground Also known as Rhode Island Hist. Cemetery Little Compton #7 19 internments
- Union Cemetery Also known as New Commons Cemetery, Rhode Island Hist. Cemetery Little Compton #11 451 internments
- Our Lady Of Fatima Catholic Cemetery Also known as Rhode Island Hist. Cemetery Little Compton #14 160 internments
- Adamsville Church Cemetery Also known as Rhode Island Hist. Cemetery Little Compton #24 109 internments
Town or Government
- Old Commons Burial Ground Also known as Rhode Island Hist. Cemetery Little Compton #12 1019 internments