Location: Loretto, Tennessee
Surnames/tags: cemeteries loretto_cemetery glenrock_cemetery
The Loretto Cemetery, formerly known as the Glenrock Cemetery, was settled near the old village of Glen Rock. In 1908, an agreement was made between the Methodist Church and the Masons to build and share a two-store wood clapboard building as both a church and a lodge. Different protestant denominations contributed labor, materials, and money to the construction of the building.
The graveyard was donated after the completion of the church, although the dates of headstones reach back to 1894. Glenrock Cemetery was renamed to Loretto Cemetery after the church was relocated in 1954. The cemetery is still being used present day and has around 535 burials as of January 1, 2021.
- Loretto Cemetery category for a listing of people buried in this cemetery.