Date: [unknown] [unknown]
Location: Alden, New York
Lot no. 36 south side of Westwood road
Location: Alden, New York
Profile manager: Michael Nuwer [send private message]
This page has been accessed 67 times.
Henry Nuwer farm (50 acres plus 25 acres in adjoining Lot 42)
- Dec 1836 Stephen Walter, Jr. purchased 50 acres from the Holland Land Company.
- Oct 1840 Stephen Walter sold the parcel to Seth Tompkins .
- Aug 1845 Seth Tompkins sold to Joseph Lowenguth, who also owned 50 adjoining acres in Lot 42.
- Mar 1867 Joseph Loewenguth sold this 50-acre parcel and the adjoining parcel (100 acres combined) to the brothers George and Andrew Heckel.
- Mar 1878 George and Andrew Heckel sold this 50 acres and an additional 25 acres in Lot 42 to Henry Nuwer. Henry Nuwer did not live on this parcel of land.
- Joseph Loewenguth, 1850 census: Joseph Levengood (age 64, born in FR), Barbary Levengood, wife (54, FR), Joseph Levengood (15, FR).
- Joseph Loewenguth, 1860 census: J Levengood (age 75, born in FR), B Levengood, wife (65, FR), Joseph (24, FR).
- Andrew Hagle, 1870 census: Andrew Hagle (age 26, born in NY), Christina Hagle (21, FR), Amelia (1, NY).
- Andrew Hagle, 1875 census: Andrew Hagh (32), Christian Hagh, wife (26), Amelia C Hagh (6), George H Hagh, son (4), George Hagh, brother (40).
- Andrew Hagle, 1880 census: Andrew Heckel (37, NY), Christina Heckel, wife (31, NY), Emma Heckel (11, NY), George Heckel (9, NY), Julia Heckel (5, NY), Jacob Heckel (1, NY). Andrew Hagle was living at his father's farm across the street in 1880.
Mathis Walter farm, 50 acres
- Jul 1841 Jacob LeRoy, representative of the Farmers Loan & Trust, sold 50 acres to Francis Phillips.
- Mar 1845 Francis Phillips sold the parcel to Michael Meyer.
- Feb 1866 Michael Meyer transferred the parcel to Elizabeth Meyer.
- Aug 1868 Elizabeth Meyer sold the land to Mathias Walter.
- Michael Meyer, 1850 census: Mathew Myers (age 25, born in FR), Elizabeth Myers, wife (23, FR).
- Michael Meyer, 1860 census: Math Myers (age 35, born in FR), Lizzie Myers, wife (33, FR), M Myers(10, NY), J Myers (8, NY), L Myers (6, NY), L Myers (4, NY), M Myers (2, NY), Geo Myers (0, NY).
- Mathias Walter, 1870 census: Machias Walter (age 37, born in FR), Josephine Walter (32, FR), Magdalena (12, NY), Emaline (11, NY), Josaphine (9, NY), Machias (7, NY), Charles (5, NY), Rosa (3, NY), William (1, NY), Frank Fire (15, NY).
- Mathias Walter, 1875 census: Mathias Walter (40), Caroline Walter, wife (37), Josephin Walter (14), Mathias Walter (12), Charl Walter (10), Rosa Walter (9), Wilhelm Walter (6), John Walter (1), Mary R Bachman (8), Mary J Bachman (7), Caroline Bachman (6), Eva Bachman (4), Pete A Bachman (3).
- Mathias Walter, 1880 census: Mathias Walter (44, FR), Carline Walter, wife (34, DE), Mathias J. Walter (17, NY), Mary R. Walter (14, NY), Willie Walter (11, NY), John Walter (6, NY), Barbara Walter (5, NY), Louise Walter (3, NY), B. Magdelain Walter (0, NY), Mary R. Bachman Stepdaugter (13, NY), Mary Bachman Stepdaugter (11, NY), Carroline Bachman Stepdaugter (10, NY), Effie Bachman Stepdaugter (9, NY), Peter Bachman Stepson (8, NY).
Napoleon Gerard farm, 50 acres
- Dec 1836 Gideon Kendrick purchased these 50 acres from the Holland Land Company. This appears to have been the first farm on the Alden segment of Westwood road.
- Oct 1857 Napoleon J. Gerard purchased the parcel from the Farmers Loan & Trust. Gideon Kendrick may have defaulted on a mortgage, Farmers Loan & Trust repossessed the property and resold it to Napoleon Gerard.
- Napoleon J. Gerard, 1850 census: Joe Gerrard (age 45, born in FR), Catherine V Gerrard, wife (45, FR).
- Napoleon J. Gerard, 1865 census: Joseph Gesard (47), Margarett Gesard, wife (47).
- Napoleon J. Gerard, 1870 census: Joseph Gerard (age 61, born in FR), Magdalena Gerard (54, FR).
- Napoleon J. Gerard, 1875 census: Joseph Gerard (67), Mary Gerard, wife (60), Emma Fix, granddaughter (16), Sara Fix, granddaughter (17).
- Napoleon J. Gerard, 1880 census: Magdelania Gerhard, widowed, age 65.
Joseph Anstett farm, 50 acres
- Jan 1842 The Holland Land Company conveyed this parcel along with numerous other parcels to Ira Blossom, a speculator.
- A deed of sale by Ira Blossom was not found.
- Jan 1859 Henry Koopman sold the parcel to Christian Kessel.
- Mar 1869 Christian Kessel sold the land to Michael Anstett, who's son, Joseph Anstett, had a farm on the north side of the road.
- Mar 1874 Michael Anstett conveyed the land to his son Joseph Anstett.
- Christian Kessel, 1865 census: Christian Hassal (33), Harriett Hassal, wife (25), Catherine Hassal (7), John Hassal (4), George Hassal (2).
- Michael Anstett, 1870 census: Michael Anstett (age 60, born in FR), Rosa Anstett, wife (68, FR), Anthony (25, FR).
- Michael Anstett, 1875 census: Michael Ansteed (64), Losina Ansteed, wife (73).
- Michael Anstett, 1880 census: Micheal Austett (70, FR), Rosa Austett, wife (78, FR).
Frank Staebell farm, 40 acres
- Jul 1847 Ira M. Chesebro purchased 69.5 acres from the Farmers Land & Trust Company.
- Jul 1848 Frank Staebell purchased 40 acres from Ira M. Cheesebro.
- Jul 1848 John Sill purchased the remaining 29.5 acres from Ira M Cheesebro.
- Frank Staebell, 1850 census: Francis Starbb (age 29, born in FR), Margaret Starbb, wife (28, FR), Frank (0, NY).
- Frank Staebell, 1860 census: Frank Stable (age 38, born in DE), Maggie Stable, wife (39, DE), Frank (10, NY), Geo (7, NY), Kate (4, NY), Mary (0, NY).
- Frank Staebell, 1870 census: Frank Stabell (age 50, born in FR), Margaret Stabell (48, FR), Frank (20, NY), George (17, NY), Kate (15, NY), Mary (9, NY), Caroline (6, NY).
- Frank Staebell, 1875 census: Frank Stable (55), Margarett Stable, wife (53), George Stable (23), Catherene Stable (19), Mary Stable (15), Caroline Stable (11).
- Frank Staebell, 1880 census: Frank Staeble (60, FR), Margrett Staeble, wife (58, FR) George Staeble (27, NY), Carroline Staeble (16, NY).
The Jerge farms, 100 acres
- Jan 1836 Stephen B. Cleveland, a speculator, purchased 69.5 acres from the Holland Land Company.
- A deed of sale from Stephen B. Cleveland was not found.
- Jan 1854 Abel W. Page sold the 69.5-acre parcel to John Sill. John Sill thereby owned 99 contiguous acres (69.5 + 29.5).
- Jan 1870 the John Sill Estate conveyed the land to Isaac Sill, his son.
- Jan 1874 Isaac Sill sold the land to Tracy Pardee.
- Mar 1875 Tracy Pardee sold to Jacob Jerge & Casper Jerge.
- Dec 1875 the Jerge brothers legally divided the land they each took an equal share of the land. Here there is an error on the 1880 land map. It should say "J. Yeager 50a."
- Casper Jerge, 1880 census: Casper Yerge (27, NY), Mary Yerge, wife (22, NY), Mary Yerge (2, NY), Clarra Yerge (0, NY).
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.