What is this for?
This is intended as a place to save snippets of information on Louisiana settlers who do not as yet have a WikiTree profile (or a matching profile hasn't been identified, usually because of issues with the spelling of names). Typically, these will be found in books when researching other people, but the only rule is that they relate to Louisiana settlers.
If you find one of these snippets that relates to an existing profile, please add it to the profile and delete the snippet, or add a link to the profile after the snippet so someone else can add it.
The following names come from The Fortier Family and Allied Families by Estelle M. Fortier Cochran.
- Francois Fortier, b St Malo, France, arr on the St. Andre 1720.
- Gabrielle Moreau, b Orange, France, m Francois Fortier in Louisiana - probably this Gabrielle.
- Pierre Jean Baptiste Deslandes, b Beyers, Normandie, France, father of Jeanne Deslandes.
- Jean Baptiste Bienvenu, b 1739 (in France?), m ~1770 Helene Angelique Belet widow of Louis Decret, dau of Jean Belet and Marguerite Cartier, d 1786. Possibly a son of one of the Bienvenues who arrived on the ship La Profond in 1720. Captain in Third Company of Musketeers. Died 1786.
- Guillaume du Verge de Marie, born in Dolac, Brittany, son of Bertrand du Verge and Julienne Hubert, arr in Louisiana as a ship captain. In 1751 m Marie Rose dau of Noel du Buisson de la Mariniere.
- Marianne Beaupre, mother of Marie Francoise Bourdon (profile currently has different mother). De Ville in Natchitoches Records p7 in 1756 "Dominique Monteche, son of Jean Monteche and Catherine Leonard: native of Modenne, parish of St. Louis, in Italy; widower of Francoise Blet. Marie Francoise Bourdon, widow of Jacques Le Vasseur; daughter of Francois Bourdon and Marianne Beaupres; native of Demien, Picardy."
- Jacques Bernard Massicot II, b 1739, son of Jacques Bernard Massicot I (son of Ignace Massicot Jeane Baquon) and Marie Daudien (widow of Michel Canon and Jean la Roche). Jacques pére was an established clothing manufacturer in New Orleans by 1745; his father and an uncle also seem to have been in New Orleans, as well as a younger brother also Jacques.
- Jean Baptiste Grevemberg, of Flemish ancestry, came to Louisiana about 1721. Father of Genevieve (wife of Jacques Bernard Massicot II) and Francois. Aged eleven at arrival with two brothers and, presumably, their parents; no information on any of these. Mar Anne Judith Chenal, widow of Louis Francois.
- Francois Chenal, came to Louisiana with wife and family before 1724. Dau Anne Judith marr a Grevemberg (Jean Baptiste?). Looks like Francois Cheval, 1731 census states 5 children, profile gives four names, could Anne Judith be the fifth?
- Jonathan Darby II, born in England son of Jonathan Darby of Oxford University and Anne Segre of Livingston, arrived on Le St-Louis (1719) for the Concession of Sieur Contillion. Married in 1737 Marie Corbin.
- Marie Corbin, dau of Jean Corbin dit Bachemin and Anne Marie Judith LeHardy, wife of Jonathan Darby.
- Dr. Bernard Alexandre Viel, born in France, arr on Le St-Andre in 1720. Physician and botanist, surgeon major of the hospital of New Orleans. Mar Servanne Perrine la Amourieux Blanc.
- Cezaire de Blanc, born in Marseilles, son of Charles de Blanc (a Captain in the Royal Armies of France) and Margurite d'Espagnet. Multiple DeBlanc profiles from 1795-on; his descendants? Mar 1st Elizabeth Gugol, 2nd Marie-Delores Simone Juchereau. Became Commandant of the Post of Natchitoches after the death of his father-in-law.
- Pierre Henri d'Erneville, Chevalier of the Royal Order of St. Louis, born in Normandy ~1714, son of Charles Ambroise d'Erneville, Lord of the Parish of Gontiers, and Anne le Pidard. Mar in 1747 Pelagie dau of Jean Francois de Pleuriau and Pelagie de Moriere.
- Jean Francois de Pleuriau, born in France, member of Superior Council, Attorney General of Louisiana.
- Pelagie de Moriere, born in France, wife of Francois de Pleuriau
- Daniel Rafleau, born in Berne, Switzerland, son of Jean Rafleau and Marie Vitepan, arr on Le St-Andre in 1721 with 1st wife Barbe Tonnetberi. 2nd wife Marguerite Bezerin (or Pellerin), 3rd wife Marguerite Smith of Francfort, dau of Nicolas Smith, widow of Conrad Guilberg.
- Louis Drouet, several Drouet profiles from 1761-on. Possibly son of Luc Drouet who arr in 1719.
- Manuel Toledano, born 1763 in Cordova, Spain, son of Christoval Toledano and Antonia Venezuela. Sent to Louisiana as Spanish Ambassador. Mar in 1787 Marguerite Benoist, dau of Jean Baptiste Nicolas Benoist and Helene (Elena) Montanary. Possibly grandfather of Basilice (via Christoval Toledano and Basilece Barbay)?
- Jean Nicholas Benoist, family from Treves, Luxemberg, son of Jean Benoit and Marie Drossy. Possibly related to Benoist family of Canada, but purely speculation. A master tailor. Mar in 1770 Elena dau of Jean Montanary and Marguerite Talon (Toussaint, Toutan).
- Jean Baptiste Montanary - master cordwainer, boot and shoe manufacturer - and Marguerite Toussaint. Both died in 176.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)