Location: Lund, White Pine, Nevada, United States
Lund Cemetery is in Lund, Nevada. The cemetery is on the south of town, west of Highway 318, off 1st Street. There are 416 memorials dating from about 1900 to present. There are 48 Oxborrow memorials, descendants of Mary Leicht Oxborrow, the first midwife and doctor.
Lund is a small town and census-designated place in White Pine County, Nevada, United States. Lund was named for Anthon H. Lund. Lund was settled in 1898 on land that the United States government had given The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) in lieu of land that had been confiscated under the Edmunds–Tucker Act. The first settlers were Mormons, and the LDS Church still has a ward in Lund. The population of Lund as of 2010 was 282.
Lund, a farming and ranching community, had survived the numerous boom and bust cycles that destroyed many of Nevada’s mining towns. Many of the people living there today are descendants of the original settlers and have carried on their values of family, church, and community. They still own and use some of the original stone and sod houses that were built by early settlers, taking pride in what their ancestors accomplished in a wide isolated, Nevada valley so many years ago.
Coordinates: 38°51′22″N 115°0′22″W
Area • Total 1.7 sq mi (4.4 km2) • Land 1.7 sq mi (4.4 km2) • Water 0 sq mi (0 km2) Elevation 5,580 ft (1,700 m) Population (2010) • Total 282 • Density 170/sq mi (64/km2) Time zone UTC-8 (Pacific (PST)) • Summer (DST) UTC-7 (PDT) ZIP codes 89317 Area code(s) 775