Location: Crosby, Harris County, Texas
Surnames/tags: cemeteries Texas harris county
For a listing of interments, see Category: Lynch Cemetery, Crosby, Texas
Lynch Cemetery, also known as Hollingsworth Cemetery, is a small privately owned and managed cemetery. The largest monument honors the original grantee of a league and labor of land where Crosby is now situated, Humphrey Jackson and his wife Sarah, one of Stephen F. Austin's Original Three Hundred Families who settled outside the legal boundaries given to Stephen F. Austin.
- Sarah Merriman Jackson - wife of H. Jackson - Died July 1824, age 28 years.
- Humphrey Jackson - Born Nov. 24, 1784. Died Jan. 18, 1833, age 48 years. Native of Belfast, Ireland - came to America 1810 and married Sarah Merriman in La. Oct. 13, 1814, settled here in 1823.
- Larry R. Lynch - Born Mar. 25, 1888. Died Aug. 28, 1909.
- William Barney Lynch - June 21, 1854. Nov. 19, 1916. Gone but not forgotten
- Mother Lynch Lennon - Jan. 18, 1871. Apr. 9, 1945
- Thomas Franklin Lennon - December 18, 1872. Nov. 21, 1929
- Mrs. Lake E. Hollingsworth - Oct. 6, 1855. Jan. 18, 1927. Although she sleeps Her memory doth live, And Cheering comfort to her mourners give.
- Dr. W. R. Hollingsworth - Oct. 11, 1853. May 5, 1919. Another link is broken in our household band, but a chain is forming in a better land.
- C. L. Hollingsworth - Born Oct. 6, 1897. Died Sept. 30, 1915. Twas hard to give thee up but thy will o God be done
- Lois Hollingsworth - Born Apr. 7, 1895. Died May 29, 1914. Tis but the casket lies here. The gem that filled it sparkles yet.
- Rufus W. Folger - Died Jan. 30, 1946. Age 92.
- Rosalie Folger - Jun. 10, 1860. Jan. 20, 1920. Faithful even unto death. A crown of righteousness.
The cemetery has been listed by Texas as a Historical Site.