Surnames/tags: Mackie Mackey McKey
This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about one surname and the variants of that name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect. Please contact the project leaders, add categories to your profiles, add your questions to the bulletin board, add details of your name research, etc.
Please add any information on Mackie and its variations that you think other researchers might like to know. This is a free space page for collaboration!
- Mackie: https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/Mackie
- Mackey: https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/MACKEY has own study
- Mackay: https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/MACKAY see: MacKay and McKay Study
- Mckay: https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/MCKAY see: MacKay and McKay Study
- McKee: https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/MCKEE
These are surnames of Scottish or Irish origin. Most likely derived from the Gaelic Mac Aodha ("son of Aodh") a patronymic form of an old Gaelic personal name which means "fire".
- https://www.electricscotland.com/webclans/m/mackay2.html scroll down
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Amy Gilpin, One Name Studies WikiTree, Laura Bozzay, and Cyndi Ricks. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)