Location: Madison, Georgia 30650
The Madison Historic Cemeteries include Old Cemetery, New Cemetery, Fairview Cemetery, and Madison Memorial Cemetery. Old and New cemeteries are officially closed for interments.
This category needs to be researched and split out into individual cemeteries. The name "Madison Historic Cemeteries" is not an individual cemetery, but a grouping of cemeteries all in the same general vicinity. See MadisonGa.com for more information.
From the Find A Grave website:
"This cemetery is a composite of four cemeteries, reflecting the stages of community development. It is divided into quadrants:
- the Old Cemetery (aka Old Madison Cemetery) is the near right quadrant;
- the New Cemetery is far right, across railroad tracks;
- Fairview Cemetery is far left, across railroad tracks and down hill; and
- Madison Memorial Park is the near left quadrant.
Together they comprise the Madison Historic Cemeteries."
Since both Find-A-Grave and BillionGraves treats them as one and their administration is centralized, this would seem to be more work than necessary.
- ↑ Comment left on category by Harris-5439 on 05 Nov 2018
- ↑ Davis-29906 18:30, 13 December 2018 (UTC)
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)