Location: 254 Kirkbride Road, Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand
Surnames/tags: Cemeteries New_Zealand
Mangere Presbyterian Cemetery
The small timber church at Mangere was established in 1874. The cemetery is beside the church - between the church building and Mangere Primary School. It is also near an intersection controlled by traffic lights. There is limited parking beside the church (off-street). There is no street parking on Kirkbride Road beside the cemetery because of the intersection. A video of the cemetery can be viewed (see Links) for an idea of the size of the cemetery.
Location & Contact
- Mangere Presbyterian Church
- 254 Kirkbride Road
- Phone (09) 278-1929 (Office)
A detailed account of the opening of this "very neat church at the lower end of the main road at Mangere" appeared in the Daily Southern Cross of 10 Jan., 1874 [paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast?a=d&d=DS...].
- BillionGraves (this has 88 records)
- Find-A-Grave (this has 104 records)
- YouTube video of the cemetery
New Zealand Cemeteries Team
This page is maintained by the New Zealand Cemeteries Team, who are part of the Global Cemeteries Project (and the Oceania Cemeteries Team). The aim is is to document the final resting place of those buried in New Zealand, to ensure that each cemetery has its own free-space page, which is linked to the category structure for Global Cemeteries, and that those buried in them are also gathered in the correct category.
- Currently there are 0 profiles listed on Wikitree for this cemetery, which is well short of the number of interments. Findagrave has 104 entries, and Billion Graves has 88. Irwin-2099 19:10, 2 February 2019 (UTC)
The overall progress of this endeavour will be found on the NZ Cemeteries Team Progress page.