The voyage of the immigrant ship Mary Green to the South Australian Colony in 1853
Departed: Southampton, 18 March 1853
Arrived: Port Adelaide, South Australia, 19 June 1853
A copy of the official passenger list is available on the State Records of South Australia website. State Records of SA, Passenger Lists, link
Mary Green, 589 tons, Captain Everett, from Southampton 18th March 1853, arrived at Port Adelaide, South Australia 19th June 1853.
The Mary Green was carrying 310 souls, equal to 243 statute adults, and these were Government Emigrants. She was the 6th ship from England to South Australia with government passengers for 1853 ; five births and three deaths on the passage.
Passenger Lists etc.
- As transcribed and submitted to The Ships List by Robert Janmaat, at: http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/australia/marygreen1853.shtml
- Passengers In History, An initiative of the South Australian Maritime Museum, 19/03/1853 - 19/06/1853, http://passengersinhistory.sa.gov.au/node/945316
- 6/1853 - Mary Green from the State Records of SA, Passenger Lists at: https://www.archives.sa.gov.au/sites/default/files/documentstore/passengerlists/1853/GRG35_48_1_53-6_Mary%20Green.pdf
- SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE. from the Adelaide Times (SA : 1848 - 1858) of Monday 20 June 1853, Page 2. first accessed online on the 10th of July 2020 at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/207012877?searchTerm=%22Mary%20Green%22
- SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE. from the South Australian Register (Adelaide, SA : 1839 - 1900) of Monday 20 June 1853, Page 2. first accessed online on the 10th of July 2020 at: https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/38461961?searchTerm=%22Mary%20Green%22
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)