Surnames/tags: mayflower profiles
Mayflower Profile Checklist (Temporary)
The Mayflower project will be updating this profile. We encourage you to help where you can. Would you like to join your Mayflower Family team? Contact Anne B
Use the check list to evaluate each profile. As tasks are completed, mark them done. When the whole list is complete, leave a comment on the profile stating it's checked. '''=== Mayflower Project Checklist Completed ===''' will be added to profiles after the Sources section and before Acknowledgements.
- Does the profile belong in the Project?
- Project box in place - Mayflower Family Member or Mayflower Passenger -
- Mayflower Project as manager? Other managers are ok also.
- Are the categories appropriate?
- When you think you've completed your work on the profile, check the Suggestions for it using the pull-down menu at the top of the profile that is headed by the profile ID (ex: MacIntyre-123). Solve any issues listed. (or mention them in the comment section.
- Data Correct? birth date and place, parents, marriage date and place, death date and place. Pay close attention to before, after, estimate, exact. Do they agree with what's in the bio?
- If no children, check the box. If no more children/siblings, check the box.
- There is on the marriage page a place to click no spouse.
- Check the appropriate certainty and confidence buttons and no middle name if appropriate (it usually will be before 1700).
- Good Bio?
- Are there sentences with clear sources for the data points?
- Does the bio agree with the data points?
- If a marriage is mentioned in the bio is it also in the Data section?
- Inline citations? Help page Inline Citations. If still confused ask.
- Good Sources? There are plenty of primary sources for passengers and children and good secondary sources. Ancestry trees, Millenium file, Yates Pub., Find a grave indexes, Find a Grave without stones are not acceptable.
- Children list (sourced)? Each profile of a person who had children should have a list of those children at the end, (with some identifying fact). One secondary source for the list is fine. Their profiles will have better sourcing.
- Are the children attached the ones on the list? Do the facts agree?
[[Category: Mayflower Project Rogers Family Work List]] [[Category: Mayflower Project Eaton Family Work List]] [[Category: Mayflower Project Hopkins Family Work List]]
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Anne B, Bobbie Hall, and Mayflower Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)