Surnames/tags: McCord MacChord M'Corde
The goal of this project is to share genealogical McCord research discoveries preferably with known, verifiable sources. Yet, we are handicapped by the loss of public records for McCords both in the USA & the UK, prior to the 1800's. Hence, drawing a direct family line to ancestors across the Atlantic is near impossible. But there is hope! New genetic testing technologies has entered the realm.
I am Kathleen McCord and have been researching McCords, in the USA, the UK and elsewhere since 1999. I also am co-administrator for the McCord Ydna Project on Family Tree DNA.
Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help with sharing the research data that we already know. I have listed a lot of documents to upload and after you read them, questions and commentary is encouraged.
McCords have a long and very interesting history. One to be proud of.
This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about one surname and the variants of that name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect. Please contact the project leader, add categories to your profiles, add your questions to the bulletin board, add details of your name research, etc.
- Hello all Genealogists! Anyone interested in SW Scotland? Jun 10, 2016.
- Any "McCord" surname genealogists? Jun 10, 2016.
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Kathleen McCord. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)