Location: United States
Surname/tag: civil war nurses
The goal of this project is to ... Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- Make Profiles which include BIOGRAPHIES for the Nurses AND their families, as we find them
- LINK THEM to this FREE SPACE
- ADD them to the Category: Nurses
- add as many sources to the bio as possible
- LINK them to their Ancestors and their Descendants if any
- Right now this project just has one member,
WE have to put a HOLD on ours because there are others working on the same nurse sources, so we do not want to step on toes............... again.
- make a Profile for all Nurses that applied for and/or received a
- CIVIL WAR PENSION "SERVED as a NURSE in the Medical Department, United States Volunteers"
- Here is the site for the VOLUNTEERS on fold3  and here is the first one that I came to, but because I was asked NOT to make a profile for ones like "Betty" UNTIL YOU get more data I will just add the name here to WORK ON.
- Anderson, Anna benefit DATA: 1893 Feb 24 APPLICATION # 1145 836
- Anastasia, Sister NUN (formerly QUINN, Bridget) benefit DATA:1898 Mar 10 APPLICATION #1205 --413 Pension card "filed in Md."
- Amos, Margaret benefit DATA: 1893 Jan 3 APPLICATION # 1142480
- Ames, Sarah benefit DATA:1892 Aug 24 APPLICATION #1126 356
- Allison, Mary (formerly Kirckback, Mary A) benefit DATA: 1893 Feb 1 APPLICATION #1145519 DIED AUG. 24 1919 -Wheelersberg, Ohio
- Allison, Clara (formerly Watson, Clara) benefit DATA: 1892 Dec 16 APPLICATION #1141792
- Allen, William M. RANK: Nurse benefit DATA:1900 July 5 APPLICATION # 1251025
- Allen, Sarah E. benefit DATA: 1892 Sept 6 APPLICATION #1129975
- Allen, Rachel A. benefit DATA: 1880 June 17 APPLICATION #377901
- Allen, Pauline - ALIAS Shobe, Brown benefit DATA: 1893 Jan 5 APPLICATION #1143618
- Allen, Parmelee C.RANK: Cont. Sgn. benefit DATA: 1889 Nov 15 APPLICATION #738010
- Allen, Mary P. (formerly, Barry, Mary P) benefit DATA: 1898 Jan 26 APPLICATION #1203841
- Allen, Mary (formerly, MIles, Mary) benefit DATA: 1896 June 30 APPLICATION #1178801
- Allen, Kate (true name w/b Catherine) benefit DATA: 1897 Sept 23 APPLICATION #1198131
- Allen, Henrietta (formerly Branch, Henrietta) benefit DATA: 1894 mar 14 APPLICATION #1156701
- Allen, Elizabeth D. benefit DATA:1892 Oct 2 APPLICATION #1138152
- Allen, Diana a.(formerly, Belden, Diana A.) benefit DATA: 1892 Sept 29 APPLICATION # 1138409
- Allen, Cornelius T NURSE benefit DATA: 1892 Sept 1 APPLICATION #1129716
- Allen, Charlotte (formerly, Osborn, Charlotte benefit DATA:1915 Apr 19 APPLICATION# 1419335
- Allen, Ann (formerly, Hill Ann) benefit DATA: 1897 May 20 APPLICATION#1191753
- Allen, Andrew NURSE benefit DATA: 1898 June 8 APPLICATION#1167691
- Allen, Amanda (formerly, Williams, Amanda) enlisted 1864/disch benefit DATA: 1908 Aug 22 APPLICATION#1376786
- Allen, Abby F. (formerly, benefit DATA: 1892 Oct 13 APPLICATION#1138529
- Alexander, Sophia benefit DATA: 1893 Oct 2 APPLICATION#1133441  STOPPED HERE
.. Will reorganize and place all at the bottom and WHEN WE get time we will do the Volunteer Cont. Sgn....................OK...
- Allen, George T.RANK:Surg/Inspect benefit DATA: WIDOW: 1880 May 18 APPLICATION # 265431 ADDL SRVS: Sgn. 14 Ill. Inf
- Almy, Leonard B RANK: Surg. benefit DATA: 1907 Nov 13 APPLICATION #1368296
- American, Samson benefit DATA: 1905 Feb 24 APPLICATION #1297 058 RANK: Cont. Sgn. REMARKS: Trans. to Navy In O. 50267 (THIS looks like a MALE NURSE)
- Altwater, Edward W. benefit DATA: 1905 Feb 25 RANK:Cont. Sgn. APPLICATION # 1332287 Widow.
- Allingham, Robert benefit DATA: 1892 Oct 17 APPLICATION #1147888
- Alling, Lewis H, RANK: Cont. Sgn. "WIDOW; benefit DATA: 1868 Nov 16 APPLICATION # 167841
- Allen, John C. RANK: Cont. Sgn.-benefit DATA: 1879 July 10/1907 Feb 23 Add'l Srvs.: K 160 Ohio Inf.
- Allen, James N. RANK: Cont. Sgn. WIDOW'S benefit DATA: 1891 May 26 APPLICATION #516758
- Allen, James M. RANK: Cont. Sgn. benefit DATA:1891 May 5-APPLICATION #1127719 REMARKS: not the same as Widow.516758
- Allen, EbenezerRANK: Cont. Sgn. benefit DATA: WIDOW's 1888 Oct 13 APPLICATION #381994
- THERE are too many RANK: Cont. Sgn to add in now......
- Elizabeth Anderson-Smith is ON the ROSTER-1st Colorado Infantry as Nurse
- Leonora Watson-Wright served Kentucky died in Indiana 1914
- Nancy Ashby-Miller Colorado citizen, husband Wm Miller was a Surgeon/she was a Nurse.
- Mary A. Bair-Loomis 1st Michigan Inf. then to Nashville as Surgical Nurse Profile:DONE
- Alice Carey Farmer-Risley She was the last surviving member of the National Association of Army Nurses.
- Phebe Weston-Farmer mother of Alice Carey Farmer-Risley
- Rose Gibson-Russell Black Heritage Project
- Maria (Mary) Garth-Binford Served Alabama Black Heritage Project
- Mary Ann Jones Served Alabama Black Heritage Project
- Clara Allison-Watson Served Alabama received benefits Pa. Black Heritage Project
- Mary Jewett Telford profile created by Rob Jewett 2016.... The FREE SPACE/under Med. Dept. / the "Nurse" category has been changed to the Civil War nurse category.......................
- Sarah Graham-Palmer Young "109th New York Volunteer Infantry Regiment to Maryland where they guarded the railroad to Washington, DC." profile created by Sheryl Moore Jan 2021
- Betty NO LAST NAME just rank "Matron" 1st Mo. L.A.
- Chamberlain, Sarah A. received benefits in July 2 1904 New Jersey. NO PROFILE MADE YET. need more inf;. But pretty sure she didn't marry.
- Shadbolt-Amigh, Ophelia L. benefit DATA: 1892 Nov 18 APPLICATION #1138774 Died 1/31/39 created 6/13/2021 by Gail
- Cooley-Fisk Ames, Mary E (formerly: FISK, Mary E) benefit DATA:1897 May 13 APPLICATION #1190 440 REMARKS: Henry D. Fisk C 16 Me. Inf KIA in N.C. 1865
- Thompson-Alter, Belle T. (formerly Thompson, Belle) Enl: Sept 24 1864 Disc: Mar 31 1865 benefit DATA: 1918 Feb 29 APPLICATION # 1429904 REMARKS: David G Alter Reg. 101/197 Pa. Inf.
- Caren- Aloysius, Sister M. NUN (formerly Caren, Mary) benefit DATA: 1903 Feb 24 Indiana
- 1) PENSION CARDS for the Medical Department, United States Volunteers"
- 2) For A Woman': The Fight for Pensions for Civil War Army Nurses Hannah Metheny College of William and Mary
- 3) Historic Newspapers
- 4) History of American Women--Colonial Women | 18th-19th Century Women | Civil War Women
- 5) Women of America part of Amer. Hist./Gene.