Surnames/tags: Medieval Pre-1500
This page is for notes to help the Medieval Project Leadership Team in their work.
We do not want to be overwhelmed by managing a huge number of profiles. General guidelines on when profile management should be considered are on the Medieval Project main page.
These are the arrangements so far agreed where a profile needs Project management. They also apply to profiles inherited from the EuroAristo Project, but these can be handled over a period of time. Please note that the EuroAristo Project is now confined to post-1500 profiles.
These arrangements may need fine-tuning in the light of experience.
The England Project should be asked if it wants to manage the profile if it is of someone prominent, unless it is of the pre-Norman period: the England Project is not extending that far back in time.
The England Project has started the process of taking over English profiles that were managed by the British Aristo Project: it may be some time before this process is complete.
England Project liaison: Jo Fitz-Henry
The general approach is:
- The France Project will manage the profile if it is post-1200, unless the person is relatively obscure AND there are major controversies over relationships etc which call for specialised medieval expertise.
- The Medieval Project will manage the profile if it is pre-1200.
France Project liaison: Isabelle Rassinot
Rich Devlin, one of the leaders of the Medieval Project's Ireland team (co-sponsored with the Irish Roots Project), is also a leader of the Ireland Project and should be asked to decide which Project should manage the profile.
Just as the Scotland Project will normally take the lead on Scottish medieval profiles, it will also normally manage Scottish medieval profiles if Project management is needed.
- Leader contact Bobbie Hall
The Wales Project should be asked if it wishes to manage the profile.
Wales Project liaison: Steve Bartlett
Liaise with the country Project leaders if there is a country Project.
Naming Standards for some country Projects
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: John Atkinson, Darlene Athey-Hill, Michael Cayley, and Medieval Project WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)