Profile managers: One Name Studies WikiTree [send private message] and Rhonda Lucas [send private message]
This page has been accessed 622 times.
To view the people in this project please click here: Category Page
Melrose DNA and One Name Study
- Project Leader: Rhonda Lucas
- Our objective is to document the Melrose's in Rhonda Lucas' tree and connect them genetically to other Melrose's worldwide.
- New Melrose DNA Project at Family Tree DNA now open for all DNA testers with the Surname Melrose in their line, please pop over and join!
- New Melrose One-Name Study Blog
- New Melrose Genealogy & Family Research Facebook Group
- At present we are using Autosomal DNA testing to confirm matches. We hope to have a yDNA direct descendant of George Melrose tested soon for comparative purposes.
- Further information on Autosomal Testing available at ISOGG - AutosomalDNA and Wikipedia
- Every generation gets divided by 50% when we are talking about autosomal DNA transmission.
- You inherit 50% of the DNA of each of your parents. They inherited 50% of the DNA of each of their parents, so you inherit ABOUT 25% of the DNA of each of your grandparents.
- Did you see that word, about? It’s important, because while you do inherit exactly 50% of the DNA of each parent, you don’t inherit exactly 25% of the DNA of each grandparent. You can inherit a little less or a little more from either grandparent as your parents 50% that you’re going to receive is in the mixer.
- This is also true for the 12.5% of each of your great-grandparents, and the 6.25% of each of your great-great-grandparents, and so forth, on up the line.
- The chart below shows the percentages that you share from each generation.
Relationship to You Approximate % Of Their DNA You Share Parents Exactly 50% Grandparents 12.5% Great-grandparents 6.25% Great-great-great-grandparents 3.125% Great-great-great-great-grandparents 1.5625%
- ↑ Excerpt from “Autosomal DNA, Ancient Ancestors, Ethnicity and the Dandelion”. (5 August 2013). DNAeXplained – Genetic Genealogy; Retreived 21 January 2014, from http://dna-explained.com/2013/08/05/autosomal-dna-ancient-ancestors-ethnicity-and-the-dandelion/
The following people have been atDNA tested, please see their profiles for gedmatch numbers:
DNA Tester In common with Descended from Gedmatch Kit Name Rhonda Lucas George Melrose & Jane Schofield Mary Jane Melrose A889678 and/or M339940 LCH Lucas/Cummins Peggy Lucas George Melrose & Jane Schofield Mary Jane Melrose M224633 LCH Cummins/Miller Chrissy Ellison George Melrose & Jane Schofield Mary Jane Melrose T038927 LCH Ellison/Cummins Maria Brophy George Melrose & Jane Schofield Mary Jane Melrose A535558 Maria Milo Shelly Brophy George Melrose & Jane Schofield Mary Jane Melrose M033616 Shelly Brophy Anonymous Melrose George Melrose & Jane Schofield Ruth Melrose M842747 Karynne Melrose Tim Carter George Melrose & Jane Schofield Elizabeth Melrose M470150 LCH Carter/Murray Tom Melrose Thomas Graham Melrose Thomas Graham Melrose Z605992 Thomas Melrose
- Percentages shared at 23andme
DNA Tester Tim Carter Peggy Lucas Anonymous Ledger Shelly Brophy Tim Carter . 2.74% shared, 9 segments 0.64% shared, 3 segments 0.62% shared, 3 segments Peggy Lucas 2.74% shared, 9 segments . 0.10% shared, 1 segment 2.06% shared, 7 segments Anonymous Melrose 0.64% shared, 3 segments 0.10% shared, 1 segment . 0.13% shared, 1 segment Shelly Brophy 0.62% shared, 3 segments 2.06% shared, 7 segments 0.13% shared, 1 segment . Rhonda Lucas 1.61% shared, 6 segments 50.0% shared, 25 segments * Nil - 23andme 1.48% shared, 5 segments
- Even though Anonymous Melrose and Rhonda Lucas did not match at 23andme they do match at Gedmatch by reducing the centiMorgans to 2.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: One Name Studies WikiTree and Rhonda Lucas. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.