Location: Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada
Cemetery Name: Methodist Cemetery (also known as Woodbridge Pioneer Cemetery, Burwick Chapel Cemetery, and Wesleyan Methodist Burying Ground)
Address: 120 Meeting House Road, Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada
GPS Coordinates: 43.790054, -79.598542
Methodist Cemetery at 120 Meeting House Road in Woodbridge, was opened in 1834 and closed in 1972. A stone cairn was erected in 1972 that contains the remaining gravestones. Over the years, it has been known by several different names, including Woodbridge Pioneer Cemetery, Wesleyan Methodist Burying Ground, and Burwick Chapel Cemetery.
Today, it is maintained by City of Vaughan. There is no dedicated parking and it is on the top of a steep grassy slope next to the road. The nearest unobtrusive place to park when visiting would be on Meeting House Road, west of Kipling Avenue.
- Methodist Cemetery category for profiles of those who have been documented at this cemetery.
- Methodist Cemetery on FindAGrave