Surnames/tags: RICHARD ACADIA
Categories: Michel Richard Interest Group.
This group has been formed to get all of Michel Richard's descendants on WikiTree. Michel Richard came to Acadia from France in the early 1650s. He had 12 children in Port Royal, with 2 wives, and their descendants have since spread across Canada and the United States (and maybe even further!).
Remember, this group is for all Michel Richard descendants, not just ones with the last name Richard! That includes a lot of Brossards, Terriots, Babins, Vincents, Forests, LeBlancs, and many more.
If you are interested in joining this group, please request to be on the trusted list of this page.
IMPORTANT: Please also put the following at the top of the biography section of your personal profile page:
[[Category:Michel Richard Interest Group]]
Doing this automatically adds you to the category page for this interest group.
In addition, you may wish to add Richard to your followed tags. This will make it so that all changes to Richard profiles appear in your Wiki Genealogy Feed.
- Lianne Lavoie - Descended from Michel Richard through his son Martin, and Martin's son Martin. I also recently discovered that I'm a descendant of Michel's daughter Catherine through her daughter Elisabeth Broussard.
- Roland Arsenault - As a descendant of Marie Jeanne à Michel à Michel, Roland has Michel Richard as one of his many Acadian ancestors. He also decends from Jean-Baptiste dit Jani à Michel à René à Michel.
- Donna Storz- I am a double descendant of Michel Richard via his second son Pierre Richard, one of my 6th great grandfathers, and Pierre's son, Charles Richard and via Michel's daughter Madeleine Richard, one of my 5th great grandmothers, and her son Joseph Babin, Sr.. The Babin name continues through to my maternal grandmother, Theresa Ursula Babin.
- Martha Beaugh-I am a descendant of Michel Richard from son Martin , Alexandre , his son , Pierre , his son , Francois , his son , Francois  , his son , [my great grandfather, Eugene , his son , Francois Joseph Richard , [my grandfather known as Frank ] married to Marie Anne Savoie ]the parents of my mother , Martha Louise Richard married to my Father , Garland Beaugh .
- Sara Thibault I am a descendant of Michel Richard through his daughter Marie Josephe's daughter Anne Vincent: and her daughter Marie Ursule Dubois had a daughter Marie Cyr whose son Joseph Désilets is a paternal ancestor of my maternal grandmother, Antoinette.
- John DeRoche Michel is my 7th great grandfather
1. I & my brothers Paul & Peter are sons of John Hutchins Fortescue DeRoche, 2. son of John "Jack" Hyacinthe DeRoche, 3. son of Alphonse DeRoche, 4. son of Hyacinthe Desroches, 5. son of Mathurin DesRoches, 6. son of Marie Marguerite Arseneau, 7. daughter of Margarite “Magitte” Richard, 8. daughter of Martin Richard. 9. son of Michel Richard
- Les Richard et d'Autres, a book about Michel Richard's descendants. Lianne Lavoie has a copy (Reunion Edition, revised in 2006) in her possession. There is an emphasis on the North Dakota line of the family, the descendants of François Alexis "Alex" Richard.
- Richard Genealogy, a site containing PDF lists of Michel Richard's descendants for several generations (some lines further than others). Documents are well-sourced and can be excellent leads.
- Stephen White published a series of genealogies for the 1994 World Acadian Congress, one of them being on the Richards focusing on south-eastern New Brunswick.
- White, Stephen A. La généalogie des trente-sept familles hôtesses des "Retrouvailles 94", Les Cahiers de la Société historique acadienne, vol. 25, nos 2 et 3 (1994). (Richard)
Find orphaned descendants of Michel Richard, divided up here by his children (ones with no orphaned descendants are not listed):
- René's descendants
- Catherine's descendants
- Alexandre's descendants
- Anne's descendants
- Michel's descendants
Any work on Michel Richard's descendants is very helpful, but here are some specific areas that could use focused work. Feel free to add to this list!
- Some of Michel's grandchildren still don't have profiles. Specifically, the children of Anne and Madeleine may not all be identified. Once you're confident that all the children of one of these are complete, please remove the name from this list and check the "no more children" checkbox on the profile.
Images: 1 Collaboration
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Roland Arsenault, Annette Cormier, Lianne Lavoie, John DeRoche, Donna Storz, Martha Leger, Ellen Noonan, Daniel Richard, Greg Simon, Mary Kidd, and Daniel Richards. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
On 10 Jan 2019 at 19:39 GMT John DeRoche wrote:
On 10 Jan 2019 at 18:33 GMT Annette Cormier wrote:
On 6 Jan 2019 at 11:17 GMT Aaron Richard wrote:
If I ever get around to doing a Y-chromosome test I would be interested to compare with other Richard descendants from Louisiana and Canada.
On 31 Aug 2017 at 19:24 GMT Martha (Beaugh) Leger wrote:
On 25 Apr 2017 at 21:00 GMT Jeannette (Martin) Saladino wrote:
Michel is the sixth great grandfather of Jeannette. This line is through the Martin surname in Canada, from Richard, Plate, Babineau, Colette and to my father, Joseph Stanislaus Martin.
Jeannette (Martin-Brideau) Saladino
P.S.: I am sure there are other surnames connected to me and as time permits, I hope to clarify them as part of my ancestral past.
On 25 Apr 2017 at 20:37 GMT Jeannette (Martin) Saladino wrote:
Thank you once again for all your hard work and dedication to our Canadian/Acadian ancestors' pages. I've just re-visited the Michel Richard page (Wow! this page has grown since a couple of months ago) and have traced my direct lineage from him, my 6th great grandfather, to my father. On each page of these great grandparents on WikiTree, my tests are listed as being directly connected/related to Michel. How do I document this on the group page? One of the goals listed is to get all of Michel Richard's descendants on WikiTree.
I have also looked at the Acadian first Families Appendix and can recognize so many names. I will check soon to see if I can contribute documentation to any of them.
Jeannette (Martin-Brideau) Saladino
On 20 Apr 2017 at 02:30 GMT Anonymous (Deering) Anonymous wrote:
I believe my DNA testing may be of help for this project!
On 24 May 2015 at 23:38 GMT Lianne Lavoie wrote:
Also, I updated the list of members based on who was on the trusted list of this page or in the category. You may want to add a note beside your name about your particular interests in this group (eg. a family branch). You can also add yourself to Category:Michel Richard Interest Group to show up in the group category.
On 3 Apr 2015 at 22:19 GMT Martha (Beaugh) Leger wrote:
On 29 Mar 2015 at 18:08 GMT Greg Simon wrote: