Location: Middletown, Newport, Rhode Island
Middletown "...the land that Middletown occupies was set apart in 1731. The town was incorporated in 1743." " town has a total area of 14.9 square miles (38.7 km2), of which 13.0 square miles (33.6 km2) is land and 2.0 square miles (5.1 km2; 13.18%) is water." "Newport State Airport, a public-use general aviation airport and the only airport on Aquidneck Island, is located in Middletown. "
- At the 2000 census, there were 17,334 people, 6,993 households and 4,643 families residing in the town.
- The population was 16,150 at the 2010 census.
National Register of Historic Places
- Bailey Farm
- Boyd's Windmill
- Clambake Club of Newport
- Gardiner Pond Shell Midden
- Hamilton Hoppin House
- Lyman C. Joseph's House
- Dennis Murphy House at Ogden Farm
- Paradise School
- Smith-Gardiner-Norman Farm Historic District
- St, George's School...
- Stonybrook Estate Historic District
- Taylor-Chase Smyth House
- Whitherbee School
- Saint Columba Catholic Cemetery Also known as Rhode Island Historical Cemetery Middletown #4 9546 internments as of 10/24/2020
- Holy Cross Episcopal Cemetery Also known as Rhode Island Historical Cemetery Middletown #6 34 internments
- Berkeley Memorial Cemetery Also known as Rhode Island Historical Cemetery Middletown #18, Saint Columbas Chapel Cemetery 294 internments
- Beth Olam Cemetery Also known as Jewish Cemetery, Rhode Island Historical Cemetery Middletown #25 480 internments as of 10/24/2020
Town or Government
- Middletown Cemetery Also known as Four Corners Cemetery, Rhode Island Historical Cemetery Middletown #9 3581 internments as of 10/24/2020
- Newport Memorial Park Also known as Aquidneck Memorial Park, Rhode Island Historical Cemetery Middletown #17 3061 internments