Location: Mierlo, Noord-Brabant, Nederland
Surnames/tags: Cemeteries War
- Address: Geldropseweg 68, 5731AD Mierlo, Nederland
- Coordinates: 51.43551 N, 5.59136 E
The Mierlo War Cemetery is a cemetery for soldiers from the Commonwealth of Nations that have died during the liberation of the Netherlands during World War II. Most soldiers buried here died during the liberation of the region around Mierlo in Operation Market Garden in the fall of 1944.
In total 665 soldiers have their final resting place in Mierlo of whom 7 British soldiers are unindentified. Their nationalities are:
- 655 soldiers from the United Kingdom
- 5 soldiers from Australia
- 4 soldiers from Canada
- 1 soldier from the Netherlands
The cemetery is located in the woods between Mierlo and Geldrop on the main road Geldropseweg and it is managed by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.
Every year on Remembrance Day, the 4th of May, the local remembrance ceremony is held at the Mierlo War Cemetery.
- Category:Mierlo War Cemetery, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands for people buried here
- Cemetery on the website of the CWGC
- Cemetery on Find a Grave