Date: [unknown] [unknown]
This page has been accessed 34 times.
Mitley is referred to in several texts regarding the Bromley family and Richard of Mitley, so far I'm unable to establish where in Shropshire Mitley was. See Links below.
- About Mitley, Bridgeman writes, "I can find no place of that name in the County of Salop; but I suppose it to have been Mickley, a member of the manor of Press, and anciently written Mitneley and Mitteneley (Eyton's Shropshire, Vol IX, p. 248). See: Bridgeman, Bromley Family, page 12, footnote
- BROMLEY, Thomas I (by 1505-55), of Eyton-upon-Severn; Wroxeter and Shrewsbury, Salop and London. Published in The History of Parliament: the House of Commons 1509-1558, ed. S.T. Bindoff, 1982 Available from Boydell and Brewer
- Peerage of England : genealogical, biographical, and historical Author: Arthur Collins; Egerton Brydges, Sir; Publisher: London : Printed for F.C. and J. Rivington, Otridge and Son, J. Nichols and Co. [and 26 others], 1812
- The Peerage of England; The third edition, corrected and enlarged in every family, with memoirs, not hitherto printed. By Arthur COLLINS, (Genealogist)
- A genealogical history of the dormant, abeyant, forfeited, and extinct peerages of the British empire. Author: Bernard Burke: Publisher: London, Harrison, 1866
- Transactions of the Shropshire Archaeological and Natural History Society. Author: Shropshire Archaeological and Natural History Society (Great Britain); Publisher: Shrewsbury Shropshire Archaeological and Natural History Society.
- Sharpe's Peerage of the British Empire: Exhibiting Its Present State, and Deducing the Existing Descents from the Ancient Nobility of England, Scotland, and Ireland, Volume 2
- The Visitation of Shropshire, Taken in the Year 1623: By Robert Treswell, Somerset Herald, and Augustine Vincent, Rouge Croix Pursuivant of Arms, ... With Additions From the Pedigrees of Shrop; By Robert Treswell | 14 Feb 2018
This is an "orphaned" profile — there's no Profile Manager to watch over it. Please adopt this profile.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.