- Our mission is to collect, organize, and share the history of Monroe, Oklahoma.
- Right now this project just has one member, me. I am Dominikus Miller.
- Here are some of the tasks that I think need to be done. I'll be working on them, and could use your help.
- Link any profiles of people who lived in Monroe in any time period.
- Will you join me? Please post a comment here on this page, in G2G using the project tag, or send me a private message. Thanks!
- Monroe is a small community on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border. It began as a farming place with no shops. There was a cotton gin that operated in the area in 1909. Many early residents sharecropped government land at $1.50 an acre per year.