Surnames/tags: Moorgagagh Mayo Connacht
|Ireland Links||Main Mayo Page||Category for Moorgagagh Parish||Civil Parishes in County Mayo|
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the Connacht Province team
Moorgagagh Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: An Múr Gágach.
- Logainm Link: Moorgagagh Parish on Logainm.ie
- Barony: Kilmaine
- Province: Connacht
Population Centres of Moorgagagh Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish, where known, are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Mayo
The Townlands of Moorgagagh Civil Parish
- The townlands in Moorgagagh Parish (An Múr Gágach) are those taken from Moorgagagh Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on the 1851, 1871 and 1901 Lists of Towns and Townlands and Griffiths valuations data. A link is provided in the notes for the 1901 and 1911 census. Please note that these may not always work if the townland was not available on the census in question. The census site may also substitute a similar name so be prepared for unexpected results! Similar for Griffith's valuation links which may show multiple names. Where a townland has been transferred to a new parish the census links are on the new parish page.
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively, if you feel condifent to do so, see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish and/or Alternate name(s) WikiTree Category Link Census links, Griffiths link & Notes Bullaun An Mullán 1901 Census, 1911 Census
Cahermaculick Cathair Mhic Uillic 1901 Census, 1911 Census
Carrowmore An Cheathrú Mhór 1901 Census, 1911 Census
Cregnanagh Creig na nEach 1901 Census, 1911 Census
Garraun An Garrán 1901 Census, 1911 Census
Gorteens An Goirtín 1901 Census, 1911 Census
Kill Cillín Bréanainn 1901 Census, 1911 Census
Lisheenielagaun Lisín Niallagáin 1901 Census, 1911 Census
Moorgagagh An Múr Gágach 1901 Census, 1911 Census
Tobernadarry Tobar na Daraí 1901 Census, 1911 Census
- A list of external resources for this parish may be placed here. More general sources for Mayo should be added to the main Mayo page. If you are adding a source here it would be helpful if you could let me (David) know so I don't accidentally overwrite your input with an automatic update. Thanks.
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For the full 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- The pre-formatted line for each townland and the fully formatted CIB header can be seen below this page when in edit mode. Please ensure you have read the 'How to' before doing anything. Briefly, the pre-formatted line in the hidden text is used to replace the line above. The CIB text is pasted into the category which is created by clicking on the red category link.
- Current parish format version 4.1. Changed Electoral Divisions to show 1901 and 1911 names.
- Previous version 4.0 Addition of Griffiths valuation on parish pages.; 3.6 Change to teams structure implementation.; 3.5. Addition of 'Places Nearby' link where coordinates are known. Upgrading Logainm links to match new Logainm web site
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland
- General alphabetical index to townlands and towns, parishes and baronies of Ireland Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive