The following pedigree is provisional, and relies upon some speculative work done by Joe Mozingo (below-cited) and MyHeritage (without source citations), generations that I have below-labelled O, P and Q:
- Generation O: Mozingo Montsingaux (1581- ?) of Spain married (=) Nzingha Mbande (1583- ?) of the Kingdom of Kongo, Africa
- Generation P: Duarte Mozingo-Montsingaux (1610-1669) possibly of Read in Suffolk = Nancy Barkley (1620- ?) of Read in Suffolk
- Generation Q:
- Alternate Pedigree (postulated by Joe Mozingo): Edward Ned Mozingo Sr / Massango a Bantu of Kongo and Pantico Run (1633-1712) - 7th paternal great-grandparents of Porter Fann = Margaret Pierce Bayley (1645-1711)
- Alternate Pedigree (supported by sources on profile, for the most part, though Joe Mozingo's work is cited): Edward Mozingo Sr. (1644-1712) = Margaret (Bayley) Mozingo (abt.1660-1711)
- Generation R: Edward Mozingo (abt.1673-aft.1753) = Eliza (Booth) Mozingo (bef.1690-1713)
- Generation S: Edward Mozingo III (abt.1713-bef.1795)
- Generation T: Pearce William Mozingo (1745-1819) = Sarah (Grady) Mozingo (abt.1759-abt.1841)
- Generation U: Graddy Mozingo (1805-bef.1880) - 3rd paternal great-grandfather = Polly (Sikes) Mozingo (abt.1813-aft.1880)
- Generation V: Vinetta (Mozingo) Snipes (1862-1952) = Elijah Thomas Snipes (1859-1935)
- Generation W: Polly Etta (Snipes) Culbreth (1883-1978) = Horace Marvin Culbreth (1880-1943)
- Generation X: Mary (Culbreth) Fann = Kelly Fann
- Generation Y: Samuel Fann married Unlisted Living (Born 1930s)
- Generation Z: Porter Fann
Re: Gen Q, one researcher wrote: Edward came on a ship from Portugal where many fled after they were attacked. Several researchers take issue with the speculative Angola/Kingdom of Kongo heritage or any other African lineage, largely in part because of the lack of sources beyond Generation Q, but also because several Mozingo lines show no Angolan ethnicity; whereas, Portuguese does show up in the DNA origins.
Mozingo DNA Study
Mozingo DNA Goals. The main branch in their study, led by Samie Melton who has extensively documented sources in the Mozingo lines, is Spencer Mozingo (bef.1761-abt.1831), who appears to be attached to the wrong Margaret Mozingo (of whom two are conflated).
- ↑ Mozingo, Joe. The Fiddler on Pantico Run: An African Warrior, His White Descendants, A Search for Family. 2012. New York: Free Press.
- ↑ Many of the profiles in this line have been supported by the work of: Melton, Sami. Family Tree of Edward Mozingo, in which available sources are cited. Created 3 Oct 2009. Accessed 25 Sep 2021.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)