Surnames/tags: IRISH_ROOTS MUNSTER Ireland
Profile manager: Ireland Project WikiTree [send private message]
This page has been accessed 1,681 times.
|Counties Team||Connacht Team||Leinster Team||Munster Team||Ulster Team|
|Ireland Links||Ireland Category||Munster Province, Ireland|To return to the man counties click the 'Ireland Links' above, or click a county name below.
- This is part of the Ireland Project
County Clare County Cork County Kerry County Limerick County_Tipperary County Waterford Welcome to the Munster Province Team.
Munster Province Team Leaders
- The co-leaders of the Munster Province team are Paddy Waldron (Special focus Clare), Maggie N (Special focus Kerry) and Steph Meredith (Special focus Waterford)
- For details of all the Counties members please see Ireland Project Counties Teams Members where you will find the detail of teams to which members of the project belong.
- To join this or any other team send your request to the Ireland Counties Coordinator, Jen Hutton or Rich Devlin or any of the team leaders above.
- A message from co-leader Maggie N to those working on Kerry profiles.
- Are you working on Kerry folks? I am Maggie N. and welcome any WikiTree members. 100 percent of my Irish roots come from County Kerry, specifically West Kerry. I have researched my Irish roots for over 30 years and I want to share what has helped me. Before the internet, I was snail-mailing the National Library of Ireland for sources on my family roots. The church records were not even on microfilm so I wrote to parishes individually. Two years ago, I completed the Ireland series by Sherry Irvine at the Pharos Tutors Institute.
- Today, we are blessed that Ancestry and Find My Past have indexed many church records for their databases. We are also indebted to the National Library of Ireland for uploading the Roman Catholic church records at their website. I have had great success on the Government of Ireland's site Irish Genealogy as well.
- Not all Irish genealogy website have Kerry indexes or records. I will only include resources on the main Kerry page relating to finding your Kerry folks. If you need assistance or tips for finding your Kerry-born ancestor or find an ancestor on these sites, do not hesitate to message me.
What we do
- Ireland Project - County Teams
- A PDF file giving an introduction to inform you of the role of the county teams, to explain the structure of the teams and to let you know what is expected of you as a member. This PDF is hosted on the Google Drive of David Loring so if you have any problems accessing it please contact him. The PDF is downloadable from the viewer.
- Whilst familiarizing ourselves with Styles and Standards and 'standard' Wikitree 'best practice' goals such as merging duplicate profiles, sourcing, cleaning and adding biographies, linking profiles to the wider family tree and general Profile Improvement, as a member of the Munster Team you will be assisting in helping people locate their ancestors in counties of the Province of Munster. There are various ways in which we can do this, some through the sub-projects of the Munster counties and some by providing the framework whereby records are grouped together, categorized, under various aspects such as towns, townlands, parishes, electoral districts and census records etc.
- Please remember Communication Before Editing.
Helping as a member
- A part of being a member of the Ireland Project and of the Munster Province Team is giving a little bit of your time if possible to tidying up the profiles we oversee as the team. Some of these profiles such as the Unknown Locations and Unsourced need a bit of TLC from the Team members. In particular those that have been orphaned for what ever reason and no longer have a profile manager to watch over them need our attention. Any little bit of time you can spare will be appreciated you may be assured. Resolving sources for unsourced profiles and determining locations of birth and / or death where such information does not currently exist will benefit the whole WikiTree community.
- See the Profiles Needing Work link below in the status section for details of what is needing to be done.
- For other Sub-Categories for Munster see the main County category for each of the Munster counties. Some examples of the sub-Categories are:
- See Ireland Sub-Projects for other Irish projects you might be interested in.
- It is highly recommended that you start a One Name Study or more for your surnames. It is a great place to store your research notes, sources such as web sites, books, etc. and a place to connect to other genealogists who are working on that name.
Munster Province Status Pages
- Go to the Parishes of Munster (Status) page which displays the progress of parish CIB and Space pages and the current version number. This also just happens to be a useful list of every civil parish in Munster Province.
- This free space page show the profiles, by county in Munster province, that are in need of some TLC from the team. Munster Profiles Needing Work (Status)
- Elements of these categories may also be connected to Munster province:
- Ireland Unsourced Profiles
- Category: Ireland Project Needs Biography
- Category: Ireland Project Needs GEDCOM Cleanup
- Data Doctor's Ireland error list
Your own Profiles that need work
- To add your problem profiles or brick walls here leave a message below and we'll enter it.
- A considerable amount has gone into and is still on going on the determination of the correct townland names and locations and the categorization of these. In order that we present a uniform format for location categories please visit this page for help with creating Geographic Categories for Ireland
- Building upon a sound framework of locations we aim to provide as comprehensive as possible a list of resources on the each main County page. Please add any sources for Counties on the main page for the County.
- Irish Roots has a Google Forum
- Irish Roots also has a Discord server. Discord is a chat room as as such is the preferred method of speedy communication. Please ask Jen Hutton, Rich Devlin or David Loring for an invitation link.
If you are new to WikiTree
- If you are new to Wikitree please take a look at WikiTree Help
- If you are interested in becoming pre-1500 certified see Help:Pre-1500 Profiles and apply at Pre-1500 Certification Request
County Pages For Ireland Antrim • Armagh • Carlow • Cavan • Clare • Cork • Derry • Donegal • Down • Dublin • Fermanagh • Galway • Kerry Kildare • Kilkenny • Laois • Leitrim • Limerick • Londonderry • Longford • Louth • Mayo • Meath • Monaghan Offaly • Roscommon • Sligo • Tipperary • Tyrone • Waterford • Westmeath • Wexford • Wicklow
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)
Leave a message for others who see this profile.
There are no comments yet.
Login to post a comment.
Researching the Irish Palatine names Mick and Brethour, in Ballingrane and the surrounding area.
posted on County Limerick Sub Project (merged) by Carol Collins
Researching Winter/s and Goodwin in the Mountshannon area, East Clare.
posted on County Clare Sub Project (merged) by Carol Collins
Added link to http://www.kerrylaburials.ie/en/index.aspx Kerry Local Authorities -- Graveyard Records
posted on County Kerry (merged) by Thom Anderson
Leigh (Hoolihan) Murrin
Looks great Maggie, I have added links on the main Irish Roots Project Page and to the County Kerry category
posted on County Kerry (merged) by Leigh (Hoolihan) Murrin
Abby (Brown) Glann
Nice page, Maggie! I'll make sure it makes it in the next newsletter.
posted on County Kerry (merged) by Abby (Brown) Glann