|How to Participate|
Please contact the Study's coordinator Melissa Jamison or post a comment at the foot of the page. If you have any questions, just ask. Thanks!
- Unconnected Mutimer Profiles
- Unsourced Mutimer Profiles
- Orphaned Mutimer Profiles
- Suggestions for Mutimer Profiles
- G2G feed of questions tagged "MUTIMER".
This is a One Name Study to collect together in one place everything about one surname and the variants of that name. The hope is that other researchers like you will join our study to help make it a valuable reference point for people studying lines that cross or intersect.
1. Origin of The Name
Many Feel that the name Mutimer is a variation of the name Mortimer. I would like to find where the variation occured or if the name stands on its own. The name seems to originate in Suffolk, England. A lot of my ancestors were found in Hoxne, Suffolk. The oldest Mutimer profile is for Thomas Mutimer, born in Suffolk around 1699.
Searching for the origins, I have come across 3 families in Suffolk that were having children in the 1750s. This is the earliest date I can find recorded so far. I am going to trace these families and hopefully connect them to know profiles.
1. Anthony and Elizabeth Mutimer in Denham, Suffolk
- Sarah Mutimer Baptized 2 June 1754
- Lydia Mutimer Baptized 6 June 1755
- Anthony Mutimer Baptized 26 Dec 1756
- Elizabeth Mutimer Baptized 23 April 1758
- Ann Mutimer Baptized 25 Dec 1759
2. Stephen and Frances Mutimer in Redlingfield, Suffolk (Name is listed as Mutum in most cases)
- Ann Mutum Baptized 20 Jun 1747
- Frances Mutum Baptized 15 Jan 1749
- Stephen Mutum Baptized 23 Dec 1750
- James Mutum Baptized 9 Feb 1752
- Stephen Mutimer Baptized 18 May 1755
3. Elizabeth Mutimer in Eye, Suffolk
- Charles Mutimer Baptized 14 Nov 1756
2. Relationships and Connections
There seems to be 4 countries where Mutimer families have popped up, England, United States, Canada and Australia
I would love to find relationships between the families in these countries.
- Melissa Jamison My Mutimer roots seem to originate from Suffolk, England. They arrived in the USA in 1851.
- Dr. Graham Petch His Great Great Grandmother was Matilda Mutimer Petch. His Mutimer branch was from Norfolk, England
|Mutimer Brickwalls and Mysteries|
If you are stuck on one of your profiles, list it here and hopefully someone can help
- If you need another category created, please let me know, expansion is exciting!
- My oldest ancestor that I can source is James Mutimer from Suffolk, born around 1752
- As the study grows, I will be expanding the locations into subcategories to hopefully help research movements.
- #OneNameTuesday showcase: Mutimer Name Study Jul 18, 2023.
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Contact the Profile Managers privately: Melissa Jamison and One Name Studies WikiTree. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)