Surnames/tags: Myross Crk Munster
|Ireland||Main Cork Page||Category for Myross Parish||Civil Parishes in County Cork|
Part of the Ireland Project
- This information page for the Civil Parish contains a list of all the townlands in the parish and links to the category for the townland (if it has been created). There also may be notes about the individual townlands.
- This page is maintained by the County Cork team
Myross Civil Parish
- Irish or Alternate Name: Míros.
- Logainm Link: Myross Parish on Logainm.ie
- Barony: Carbery West (East Division)
- Province: Munster
Population Centres of Myross Civil Parish
- Note: Population centres for this Parish are shown here. For a full list see Towns of County Cork
- Irish or Alternate Name: Bréantrá|aka UnionHall.
- Union Hall
- WikiTree Category: Category for Union Hall
- Map: Google Maps OpenStreetMap
The Townlands of Myross Civil Parish
- The townlands in Myross Parish (Míros) are those taken from Myross Parish on Logainm.ie and validated against townlands on Townlands.ie, PlacenamesNI.org where appropriate, Griffiths valuations data and the 1901 and 1911 censuses. A link is provided in the notes for the 1901 and 1911 census. Please note that these may not always work if the townland was not available on the census in question. The census site may also substitute a similar name so be prepared for unexpected results!
- If the townland has a category it will be linked in the table below. If there is no link and you need the category please (preferrably for Irish categories) contact David to get the category created or put in a request for the category to be created. Alternatively see Townland Category Information Boxes below for how to create them yourself.
Townland Irish/Alternate name WikiTree Category Link Notes Ardagh Ardach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ardra Ardráth 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballinatona Baile na Tóna 1901 Census, 1911 Census Ballincolla Baile an Chalaidh 1901 Census, 1911 Census Bawnlahan Bán Chlocháin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Brade An Bhráid Category:Brade Townland, Myross Parish, County Cork 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cahergal An Chathair Gheal 1901 Census, 1911 Census Carrigillihy Carraig Oilche 1901 Census, 1911 Census Clontaff Cluain Cathail 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cooldurragha An Chúil Dorcha 1901 Census, 1911 Census Cooscroneen Cuas Chróinín 1901 Census, 1911 Census High Island An tOileán Ard 1901 Census, 1911 Census Listarkin Lios Torcáin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Low Island An tOileán Íseal 1901 Census, 1911 Census Maulicarrane Meall Uí Chorráin 1901 Census, 1911 Census Myross Míros 1901 Census, 1911 Census Rabbit Island Oileán Bhríde 1901 Census, 1911 Census Raheen An Ráithín 1901 Census, 1911 Census Reen An Rinn 1901 Census, 1911 Census Skahanagh An Sceachánach 1901 Census, 1911 Census Skiddy Island Sceide 1901 Census, 1911 Census The League An Liag 1901 Census, 1911 Census
- A list of external resources may be placed here
- Whilst care is taken to ensure links are not made to disreputable, phishing or other sites of doubtful integrity it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not going to such a site by clicking on one of the links below which may have been added after this page was created.
Townland Category Information Boxes
- For a 'How to' on creating Irish location categories please read 'Creating Location Categories for Ireland'
- CIB files for each townland that does not yet have a category on WikiTree can be found in this Google Drive folder. The line for each townland can be seen below this page when in edit mode.
- Information shown on this page may have been sourced from one or more of the following sources.
- Logainm.ie The Placenames Database of Ireland created by Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge in collaboration with The Placenames Branch (Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht).
- Placenamesni.org a UK Government website managed by the Information Unit of Land & Property Services (LPS) Agency, Department of Finance and Personnel (DFP)
- Griffiths Valuation AskAboutIreland.ie and the Cultural Heritage Project is an initiative of public libraries together with local museums and archives.
- Townlands.ie Irish Townlands derived from OpenStreetMap data under the Open Data Commons Open Database License (ODbL).
- Census of Ireland 1901/1911 and Census fragments and substitutes, 1821-51
- List of towns and villages in the Republic of Ireland and List of towns and villages in Northern Ireland
- General alphabetical index to townlands and towns, parishes and baronies of Ireland Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive