Location: Nanticoke, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania
Surnames/tags: Mine Disasters Pennsylvania Disasters
This mining disaster is in need of help developing it. Are you interested in adopting this location?
Contact: United States Mining Disasters
History and Circumstances
- Date: 18 December 1885
- Location: Nanticoke, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania
- Victims: 26 killed
- Cause: Cave-in
Results and Findings
To Create the Category
- To create the category for this Disaster, please add [[Category:Nanticoke No. 1 Mine, Nanticoke, Pennsylvania, 1885]] at the top of this page. When the category link shows up red at the bottom of the profile, click it to add the parent categories [[Category:Pennsylvania, Mining Disasters]] and [[Category:Nanticoke, Pennsylvania]]. Please remove these category instructions after the category has been added.
Note: The mine name is in the following form: XXXX Mine. Use the name of the mine, not the name of the mining company or the mine shaft (unless they are the same). If there are numerous mines with this name, use XXXX MineType Mine. Example: [[Category:Pennsylvania Copper Mine, Butte, Montana, 1916]].
- Login to request to the join the Trusted List so that you can edit and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)
- Public Q&A: These will appear above and in the Genealogist-to-Genealogist (G2G) Forum. (Best for anything directed to the wider genealogy community.)