Location: United States of America
Surnames/tags: Native_Americans First_Peoples indigenous
This page lists all members of the Native Americans Project with how they contribute. If you are not currently a member of the Native Americans Project and would like to become one, please see our Native Americans Project page !!
Project Leader -- Jillaine Smith
Jeanie Roberts - Project Coordinator, Myths and Legends
- Arora Anonymous working on Metis profiles. [updated Nov 2019]
- Gerald "Jerry" Baraboo I continue to research and profile my Metis family members. I am helping families researching their Native roots.(i.e. https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Mistigoose-2) I am researching the Ho Chunk Nation (Winnebago) (1830-1838) and Sauk Nation during the French wars circa 1720-1740 and Black Hawk War circa 1832. I recently adopted https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Decora-8. I continue to help update profiles according to definition and syntax changes. [updated Nov 2020]
- Linda Barnett Native American Cherokee
- Cindy Cloyd Cherokee Tribe and family of Powhatan
- Rose Edwards I will try to help with questions about the Ojibwa Tribe of the Keweenaw Bay Indian Community of Michigan. I will work on setting up the Ojibwa Tribe sub-project page.
- Linda Fearn- Working specifically on the Bay of Quinte,Iroquois Bear Clan, Mohawks, First Nations,Ontario, Hastings , Caughnawaga Que(Kahnawake Que. ... A – L |Akwesasne, Kahnawake, Kanehsatake, Ohsweken, Aronghyengtha Tyendinaga Reservation, ont, canada and Up State, New York my Ancestors.
- Jo Gill - Nevada Paiute and Shoshone (Snake). Adding profiles of the Choctaw McClure family in Bryan County, Oklahoma.
- Jessica Hatfield Working on learning more and linking profiles to the Quapaw, Seneca-Cayuga, Eastern Shawnee, Wyandotte, Peoria, Cheyenne, Cherokee, and Choctaw Tribes
- James Kennedy Choctaw & Chickasaw; creates and updates profiles based on Dawes rolls. Surnames include Cheadle, Kemp, Colbert, LeFlore.
- Tony Lacey Working on locating the grandparents of William Nelson Dunegan. William, his parents and his grandparents were members of the Choctaw Nation. I belive I have located William's grandmother but have not been able to find much else about his maternal Nelson family line. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Aimee Lesieutre Interested in Detroit area Metis and Miami and other tribes in region - Michigan, Ontario, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois.
- Maggie - New York State tribes. Also keeping an eye on new Native American profiles to make sure they are sourced/categorized properly.
- Sarah Mason - I am working on adding my daughter's lines to the tree. She is Ponca (Osni/Northern/Nebraska Tribe). If I can help anyone with look-ups or local research in the Eastern Nebraska area, I will try my best. I am working on gathering Ponca resources and getting the Ponca Project going; Resources & Integration Team.
- Deborah Mayes My interest in mainly in Native Americans in Ohio, particularly Shawnee. Also Trail of Tears.
- Lisa Murphy Joseph Brant and the Mohawks, also have other family that I am trying to locate tribe info for and work on all other Native information as I come upon it.
- Misty Musco working on Pocahontas ancestral lines.
- Leslie Newell Seneca Tribe
- [[Parks-2399|Kathie Forbes] Cherokee Tribe and Myths & Legends Team I am a citizen of Cherokee Nation (Oklahoma) and am happy to help with Cherokee research as well as Virginia tribes
- Duane Poncy Working on my Cherokee ancestors as well as other Cherokee lines. I am willing to help others with Cherokee research. I am a member of the Cherokee Nation (Oklahoma).
- Carleton Procter I'm primarily interested in the Wampanoag, and Nauset, -their Peoples, Cultures, Languages, Tribes, and Clans. Also the Lenni Lenape, Abenaki, Massachusett, and others too, as they present themselves in my research. I'm Generally interested though in all Indigenous, Aboriginal, Native Peoples and their Cultures around the World, and the importance of preserving, encouraging, and celebrating them. There may be as many as 1,000,000 or more, separate, distinct, Native Peoples and Cultures, Past and Present, around the World. It would be great if they all (Individual persons, and Tribes/Peoples) could be represented here on wikitree.com
- Amber Sanders Currently researching Osage members of the Oklahoma/Kansas territories.
- David Selman, Cherokee Tribe
- Kenneth Shelton Descendants of Powhatan and Cherokee.
- Carole Taylor Trying to find the SOURCE proof for my very great-gramma, Susan Emory-Fields who married my Grampa Richard Fields.. and along the way I found a Cherokee family that had not been added to wiki so I looked hard for them and added one of the 2.
- Brian Wagnon - Cherokee; lives on Cherokee nation; working on adding profiles, cleaning up profiles. Family taking up a lot of time right now, but will do look ups for Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma.
- Brian Ward- working on descendants of Powhatan as they relate to WV
- Laurie Wentz working on Comanche heritage.