Location: Nerang, Queensland, Australia
Surnames/tags: Cemeteries Queensland
Nerang Cemetery was established officially in 1878. It is controlled by the City of Gold Coast as trustee. The cemetery is open from 6.30am to 6.30pm and is on one hectare of land. There are monumental and lawn sections, and an ashes Columbarium wall with single niches.
The first recorded burial was Lucy Ann Cockerill aged four years. She was buried on 28 June 1876. The City of Gold Coast records that as at 2009 there were 728 burials and 13 ashes interments.
- 21 Mylor Street, Nerang
- Latitude: -27.989025; Longitude: 153.331606
- Find-a-Grave - this currently has 549 memorials listed
- Billion Graves This has 537 memorials listed
- Cemetery layout map - this is a link to a pdf
- Nerang Cemetery Inscriptions and photo index - photos on the Australian Cemeteries Index were taken by Peter Arthur in April 2010. This has 501 memorials listed.
Notable interments, if any, will be listed here. The cemetery is said to contain the grave of the first soldier killed in WWI who came from the Gold Coast.
Cemetery "to do" list
This page is administered for the Global Cemeteries Project by members of the Queensland Cemeteries Team. Assistance is needed for: -
- photographing headstones and memorials
- transcribing memorials
- creating profiles for those interred or memorialised at Nerang Cemetery (some listed in the table and not yet created) and linking them to the wider tree
- categorising existing profiles of those interred at Nerang Cemetery to ensure they appear under the cemetery category
- adding profiles and information to the sortable table of interments
- checking the table for missing information and/or errors
- re-checking the table periodically for new or amended information
The Interments table is intended to be on a separate free-space page, leaving this page for general information about the cemetery.
At present the table of interments has not yet been commenced.
- From 11 May, when there were no profiles on Wikitree categorised for Nerang Cemetery, there are now 15 profiles attached. Irwin-2099 21:38, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
- Additional profiles created today, almost all with photos attached. The count now stands at 35 profiles Irwin-2099 01:53, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
- Login to edit this profile and add images.
- Private Messages: Send a private message to the Profile Manager. (Best when privacy is an issue.)
- Public Comments: Login to post. (Best for messages specifically directed to those editing this profile. Limit 20 per day.)