|Image:Nesbitt of Kilmacredon-1.jpg
|Map of Kilmacredom and Mount Charles.
horizontal limestone slab outside west gable,badly weathered and broken) Sacred to the Memory of Thomas Nesbitt Esq of Kilmacredon Who departed this life 1 Dec 1801 aged 72 years Thomas Nesbitt invented the harpoon gun--Old Inver graveyard
Situated between Donegal Town and Killybegs, Inver graveyard is the final resting place of Thomas Nesbit who invented the mechanised harpoon gun used by whalers all over the world. He died 1 Dec age 72 claimed to have had land in ballymadonnell and no sons.
Nesbit is considered by many as the man responsible for the modern conveyor-belt approach to whaling which resulted in the killing of millions of the spectacular sea mammals.
- 1723 #23847-13 Mar 1723 - Andrew Nesbitt of Kilmacredon to Alexander Nesbitt of Largymore for £900 forever lands of Kilmacredon the Port and 20 acres of Drumadart and Carroceels
- 1738 #65789-2 Mar 1738 - Alexander Nesbitt of Kilmacredon to Wm Rynd for £336 3s 11p lands of Unshinaghbowy Unshinaghreagh Dousestreech Cloon Monyn co Leitrim
- 1750 #115790 20 Oct 1750 reg 14 Jan 1755 - Indented Deed 20 Oct 1750 between William Nesbitt gent of Drimanon Co Donegal sold to Gilbert Nesbitt city of Dublin lands of Keenaghan, Castlecarn and Cronarod Co Donegal for 31 years from 1st May last. Witnessed by Andrew Nesbitt Esq and Thomas Nesbitt both of Kilmacredon
- 1753 #107246-15 Mar 1753 - Andrew Nesbitt of Kilmacredon - Towns and lands of Upper Ballynagon Balnagon Milltown with the mill there on Blaksey munstown lying Barony of Kells Co Meath. Town and lands of Cornduff otherwise Cormindsduff otherwise Cormideduff Cormaddyduff Drimsheel Enagh Derry Aughlean Aghalion? Lurganloste Curnahell Mullaghmore carrichaise Killoran Cardine otherwise Carniene Rasader with the cornmill on Killelly and the Tuckmill on the said lands and lands of Cardine otherwise Carnene Carnin lying in the Barony of Castleraghan County of Cavan NOTE MUST CHECK LAND NAMES
- 1771 #188480-19 Oct 1771 - Andrew Nesbitt of Dublin to Thomas Nesbitt of Kilmacredon for life and 999 years lands of Kilmacredon
- 1781 #230451-18 Jul 1781 - Andrew Nesbitt of city of Dublin and his brother Thomas Nesbitt of Kilmacredon intended marriage between Thos Nesbitt and Margaret Melville Wistanley spinster dau of George Wistanley lands of Kilmacredon Rushyhill Oldtown Drumadart Newtown Drumadart Middletown Drumadart Killtown Drumadart Carrakeel and Mun?ay carbitt?? lying in Barony Boylagh & Bannagh Co of Donegal
- 1787 #255159-1 Jan 1787 - Thomas Nesbitt of Kilmacredon Nesbitt and and Margaret Melville (Wistanley) Nesbitt his wife Her lands house in Dublin